11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Again its crazy how much hate this kid gets. I challenge anyone to pick apart this video action by action and say what should he have done differently. He has become timid because thats what Pep asks from him - don't risk losing possession. But he was no worse than KDB, Haaland or Bernardo Silva by the hour mark.

He‘s found it difficult since teams started double teaming him. When you have two players in front of you, as was often the case with Jack, it’s terribly hard to do anything other than play the ball back.

He is very young so I am definitely going to give him a season or two to figure things out.

Doku hit the Premier League like a tornado, looked every part a new superstar.

But, lest we forget, premier league full backs are generally pretty high level players too! Doubling up in a staggered manner has meant going to the byline is rarely going to be profitable and cutting back inside means there's another man immediately there.

It's time for Doku to evolve. He's always been the pacey skill machine in his young career and it's got him to the best XI in world football, for that he gets huge credit. But now it's time for a new phase, new intelligence, Pep needs to help him with that.

ut he was no worse than KDB, Haaland or Bernardo Silva by the hour mark.
Doku was the reason why Bernado and KDB cannot be as effective as they should be before he was subbed off.

All intelligent run and pass by Bernado were either ignored or wasted. And they had to put in extra runs in pressing to make up the gap left by Doku.

KDB was worn out as a result by 80 mins.

Doku was the reason why Bernado and KDB cannot be as effective as they should be before he was subbed off.

All intelligent run and pass by Bernado were either ignored or wasted. And they had to put in extra runs in pressing to make up the gap left by Doku.

KDB was worn out as a result by 80 mins.
Strange how he didn't make Foden ineffective as well then.

Maybe Bernardo and KDB were the reason Doku wasn't effective? How come its not a two way street?

I would appreciate if you point out at least a few examples of all those intelligent runs and passes by Bernardo that were ignored or wasted by Doku.

Did anyone see him when we equalised?

Watch it back. He might be a Utd fan. Ha.
Zero emotion and just stands there.

Hopefully as time goes on and he feels more invested in the club he might start playing better.

I’m a bit of a geek for watching how people celebrate.

Doku not even flinching was bemusing.

He’s not good enough for us at the moment but he’s 21 and will get better.

I’m a bit of a geek for watching how people celebrate.

Doku not even flinching was bemusing.

He’s not good enough for us at the moment but he’s 21 and will get better.

I posted this topic 3 years ago.

Always interesting isn’t it to watch people’s reactions.

Our control standing game doesn’t suit him. He wants to come and beat by running. Needs more time.
As pointed out by many already Doku is quite slow when talking about absolute speed in straight line. That means his 1v1 with a high defense line will be caught up before he reaches the final third. He has been showing how he fail to dribble through in low block tight defense line due to slow thinking and bad passing choices (most of time like a gamble as the last resort than organized attacking. I’m not sure in what situation he can be useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.