11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

If that happens he will be off. It’s ridiculous just sitting on the bench game after game. Needs to be getting minutes, and would have preferred to see him putting in some effort than some others yesterday.
I agree with you, it's only my personal opinion but i don't think Pep trusts/rates him.

Well, as he’s the only one that’s great at going past people what did you expect? The amount of space he created for others against a completely parked bus was chalk and cheese compared to the first half.

We had a right sided attacker who doesn’t have any pace at all to attack his man unless he’s basically inside the box and too many players central. Doku was brilliant and if he’d started i doubt we lose that match. Bissaka as a footballer makes Walker look like Cafu but as a one v one defender he’s very good.Doku gave him a torrid time.
Doku did not give him a torrid time at all wan bissaka dealt with him just fine. I don't see this space he supposedly created for others at all. We had no ideas other than give the ball to doku an hope for the best. The goal we got was down to the keeper because otherwise it was just doku cutting inside to congestion because he couldn't get round the outside of his man.

Doku did not give him a torrid time at all wan bissaka dealt with him just fine. I don't see this space he supposedly created for others at all. We had no ideas other than give the ball to doku an hope for the best. The goal we got was down to the keeper because otherwise it was just doku cutting inside to congestion because he couldn't get round the outside of his man.
Fucking hell. I suggest you rewatch the 2nd half sober if you don’t think he made a big difference. They ended up having to put 2 and even 3 on him. We had 3/4 great chances 2nd half after none in the first. The bit of brilliance by Foden to put a Silva like pass through for Alvarez happened 2nd half. Surely you can see there is more space when Foden is central with a winger stretching the pitch?

Have been critical of him early in the season however he looks by far our most exciting player in recent games. Pep’s biggest mistake was changing the team, Doku was fantastic v West Ham.

In the last month something has clearly clicked for him.

Hopefully next season he can take it up another level because right now he looks absolute dynamite and a player I don't think any team in the world wants to face right now.

Grealish going to have his work cut out next season getting a game over him.

Fucking hell. I suggest you rewatch the 2nd half sober if you don’t think he made a big difference. They ended up having to put 2 and even 3 on him. We had 3/4 great chances 2nd half after none in the first. The bit of brilliance by Foden to put a Silva like pass through for Alvarez happened 2nd half. Surely you can see there is more space when Foden is central with a winger stretching the pitch?
Stone cold sober when I watched it. The difference aside from Doku coming on was utd had a 2 goal lead to protect so were always going to defend like fk second half. They did the same when 1 up at our place a few months back.
Doku had the ball over and over again in space and very little came of it in terms of end product aside from a goal that onana will have nightmares about.

Stone cold sober when I watched it. The difference aside from Doku coming on was utd had a 2 goal lead to protect so were always going to defend like fk second half. They did the same when 1 up at our place a few months back.
Doku had the ball over and over again in space and very little came of it in terms of end product aside from a goal that onana will have nightmares about.
Couldn’t disagree more. Utd defended like fuck all first half too. The major differences 2nd half was we had a player capable of stretching them and beating the fullback and also had a centre back quick enough to beat them whenever they hoofed it forwards.

Did we even create a chance first half or even have any corners? We had enough chances to turn it around 2nd half but piss poor finishing and a bit of bad luck cost us. The difference between the 2 halves was night and day.

And the two great chances he created for Foden & Haaland?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.