11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Doku continues to excite and frustrate in equal measures. Today was no different, if he can manage to sort out that final ball/cross out there is no limit to what he can achieve.

He won't as this is just natural football intelligence

Doku has his attributes, but people need to get comfortable with the fact that end product will never be one of them
Time will tell. You’d have thought Sterling could never become a goal scorer. Even over time his finishing could be appalling but look how many goals he needed up scoring. The hardest bit and the unteachable bit the ability to destroy any defender. The more simple parts of the game that Doku lacks are infuriating but definitely teachable. Nice little project at 22 for Pep to work his magic on.

Grealish doesn’t get in those positions though. They’re just 2 completely different players. Grealish kills the ball dead and thinks about retention. Doku gets it and thinks about attacking his man. He’s amazing at then beating his man, from then on he needs to improve! He’s so exciting to watch though.
Shhhhh, you will be told to practice your "comprehension skills". Whilst his the one that needs the practice.

Thing that impressed me most is he had a poor start.
Some players go into their shell after that. Doku just kept on getting better. OK he needs to improve his final pass, but the way he kept possession was superb.

He should have curled one in the.bittol corner after leaving 3 Chelsea players for dead toward the end of the match.

Frustrating at times and in the next breath mesmerising.

I just do not see what others see, those who rate him. I think he is really poor. Cheeseman rated him as MOTM today. Sorry, but that is laughable. He was abysmal. I get that it's all about opinions, but come on.

Mind you, Cheesy crapped on about the 115 for most of his video. Weird. A bit strange from him, today.

Last edited:
Lol. I'll concede he held it up better in the last 10, but fuck me was he trash before that. Couldn't do anything right.
I disagree. It wasn't his best game by any stretch in those decisive moments, but he still played a big part in Haaland's goal and did all the little things well(working his butt off defensively, getting the ball up the pitch, causing multiple Chelsea players to come to help Gusto, etc.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.