11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Apart from they’re both quick. Pep was never going to not switch them over during the game. It was just Doku did a couple of idiotic things on the right so he switched them quite early. Doesn’t mean Doku can’t play well there in the future either as against Villa for a full match towards the end of last season he was very good on the right.

TBH that match Villa gave up because most of their A team either suspended or injured they didn't see any hope to get points. They put their kid and a loanee both really shit of defending on the left hand side. So I won't take that as a benchmark.

Bags of talent but unfortunately still frustrating as fuck. No consistency with his end product but you have to admit he is exciting to watch. Saw a few comparisons to Allan Saint-Maximin last season, which I thought were harsh at the time but seem to have aged quite well

Doku is only 22, same age as Salah was when he was at Chelsea. Salah certainly didn’t have the same impact at Chelsea as Doku has already had with us. If he irons out the end product and final decision-making, he can be world-class. The grit and fighting spirit is there for everyone to see.

TBH that match Villa gave up because most of their A team either suspended or injured they didn't see any hope to get points. They put their kid and a loanee both really shit of defending on the left hand side. So I won't take that as a benchmark.
To be fair beating any fullback will never be a problem for that lad. Today in his brief spell on the right he had all the time in the world to cross and then crossed like he’d never kicked a ball before. Skinned curly but bizarrely didn’t cross it and then had a horrendous shot with his left foot the other time. To be fair it’s not like he’s nvp ga shit shots from the other side!

My point is that 15 minutes doesn’t mean he can’t be very effective at times in the future from the right. He was very good for 30 from there in Belgium’s first game of the Euros(whilst coincidentally gifting Slovakia a goal after dribbling and playing a shit pass across his on box):)

To be fair beating any fullback will never be a problem for that lad. Today in his brief spell on the right he had all the time in the world to cross and then crossed like he’d never kicked a ball before. Skinned curly but bizarrely didn’t cross it and then had a horrendous shot with his left foot the other time. To be fair it’s not like he’s nvp ga shit shots from the other side!

My point is that 15 minutes doesn’t mean he can’t be very effective at times in the future from the right. He was very good for 30 from there in Belgium’s first game of the Euros(whilst coincidentally gifting Slovakia a goal after dribbling and playing a shit pass across his on box):)
My personal feeling is that Doku has not tried as hard as he can on the right wing here comparing to what he did for the national team. Maybe he worries about losing the ball. But Doku right wing for Belgium is on a different level I have never seen here.

You will never get a game that sums Doku up more than that, electric with the ball at his feet, erratic as soon as it leaves his feet.

Last edited:
I just do not see what others see, those who rate him. I think he is really poor. Cheeseman rated him as MOTM today. Sorry, but that is laughable. He was abysmal. I get that it's all about opinions, but come on.

Mind you, Cheesy crapped on about the 115 for most of his video. Weird. A bit strange from him, today.
Oh dear

Unbelievably dangerous player, I thought he was excellent today and nearly MOTM behind Rico and Kova. Just listening to Hoddle say his end product is no good. I don't agree, he plays the game at break neck speed in tight spaces so cant always pick that final pass or cross out to perfection. But as a defender you'd have nightmares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.