11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Zinny is a quality player and a great "glue guy" to have in the squad.

In the beginning of the season he was underutilized, now he's probably being overutilized due to injuries.

I don't think he's an ideal weekly starter but a more than capable backup.

Pretty good on the ball - actually - if not under pressure. But prone to mistake when immediately pressed.

Zinchenko is a great squad player; not a regular starter; valuable in our squad in a backup role. And yes, we could use a class young LB.
Huh?? Zinchenko is one of the best when pressured. He’s not the speediest one.

Huh?? Zinchenko is one of the best when pressured. He’s not the speediest one.
My observations about Zinchenko's passing are as follows:
Sometimes he makes a careless square ball pass. Usually this is in the beginning of games. He seems to do this much more often then our regular starters - perhaps due to lack of playing time.
When open and given time, Zinchenko can make some really great passes, especially balls into the box. He doesn't seem to have the ability to bend the ball - like ZDB does time and again - which cuts down somewhat on his passing prowess. Still, if not covered, ZInchenko can make killer passes.
When under even slight pressure, Zinchenko tends to pass backwards. This breaks up forward momentum.
If someone actually manages to get close to Zinchenko in spite of his tendency to dump the ball, he's not good at retaining possession. He dumps the ball backwards because he knows his limits. By contrast - Gundo, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, etc., are all far, far better in these situations.

My observations about Zinchenko's passing are as follows:
Sometimes he makes a careless square ball pass. Usually this is in the beginning of games. He seems to do this much more often then our regular starters - perhaps due to lack of playing time.
When open and given time, Zinchenko can make some really great passes, especially balls into the box. He doesn't seem to have the ability to bend the ball - like ZDB does time and again - which cuts down somewhat on his passing prowess. Still, if not covered, ZInchenko can make killer passes.
When under even slight pressure, Zinchenko tends to pass backwards. This breaks up forward momentum.
If someone actually manages to get close to Zinchenko in spite of his tendency to dump the ball, he's not good at retaining possession. He dumps the ball backwards because he knows his limits. By contrast - Gundo, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, etc., are all far, far better in these situations.
Some good points early on but the second half makes absolutely no football sense. "By contrast - Gundo, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, etc., are all far, far better in these situations." not at left back they are not, have we ever seen 1 of them play left back or even close, it's a false comparison. Where does pressure on a left back mostly come from ? imo primarily in front of him, so what choices has he got ? shield the ball until a team member gives him an option ?, try to dribble past the pressuring player, near his own goal ? boot it over the touchline he is almost standing on ?, try to kick it through the opponents body ?. Not good options with an opponent close by, best option imo is put your body between the opponent and the ball and to retain possession pass to a colleague not under pressure, which to a wide defender means backwards almost always. Simple Pep ideology, pass and move to receive a pass, it may mean pass back to go forward. My observation is that he is very successful at playing a pass up the line just before an attacker gets too close to him. For such a short, small framed player he punches well above his weight most of the games he plays.

Would be a much better player if he wasn't so one-footed. I feel he's got a good role to play in this team, but really could only play at left back in a Pep team, as he doesn't have a lot of conventional full/wingback properties.

Would be a much better player if he wasn't so one-footed. I feel he's got a good role to play in this team, but really could only play at left back in a Pep team, as he doesn't have a lot of conventional full/wingback properties.
Really? Have you ever seen him play for Ukraine? If you would you simply couldn’t state what you just did.

Some good points early on but the second half makes absolutely no football sense. "By contrast - Gundo, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, etc., are all far, far better in these situations." not at left back they are not, have we ever seen 1 of them play left back or even close, it's a false comparison. Where does pressure on a left back mostly come from ? imo primarily in front of him, so what choices has he got ? shield the ball until a team member gives him an option ?, try to dribble past the pressuring player, near his own goal ? boot it over the touchline he is almost standing on ?, try to kick it through the opponents body ?. Not good options with an opponent close by, best option imo is put your body between the opponent and the ball and to retain possession pass to a colleague not under pressure, which to a wide defender means backwards almost always. Simple Pep ideology, pass and move to receive a pass, it may mean pass back to go forward. My observation is that he is very successful at playing a pass up the line just before an attacker gets too close to him. For such a short, small framed player he punches well above his weight most of the games he plays.
Guy got swagger. Makes the left side tick. Great vision and probably top 4 of technical abilities.
Yes he has his poor games. Like any other player. For me he is at least equal to Cancelo at LB, but Pep sees more advantage with the latter playing there. And Cancelo has done a true wonderful job there. Bad luck for Zinchenko.

For me he is at least equal to Cancelo at LB
cmon mate i get it everyone can have an opinion but "at least equal to cancelo at lb" ?
him and dinho have been liabilities in recent games (defensively) but thats also down to the injuries to our backlane altogether. cancelo is one of if not the best lb in the world and zinchenko probably wouldn't make the top100.
love his character and willingness to play out of position. don't mind having him in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.