13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

urmston said:
SWP's back said:
I didn't have a tantrum but I was ashen faced and thought I was going to be sick.

I was at COMS that day and I looked round at other fans at 90 mins when we were 2-1 down.

They were all ashen faced and looked sick and I knew that's how I looked too.

It was utterly appalling.

When Edin and Sergio scored in perfect view of my seat in level 2 of the Family Stand I wasn't happy, just relieved that I wasn't completely shattered by a tragedy which would have haunted me until I die.

That's how it would have felt...truly...

Someone behind us chucked a scarf down the rows of seats when they got their second. It came whizzing past us. And when Sergio scored, someone else chucked another scarf on the pitch where our players were celebrating. It summed the day up for me, somehow.

I had to register to reply to this.

I was at home in Ireland with my 14 year old son, both of us decked in blue and, as others have said, slumped in a total daze after Mackie's goal. We were both devastated and I was already getting texts from all the rags that I know (it is Ireland after all) ripping the piss. Neither of us made a sound when Edin scored but we both were back on our feet. When Kun scored, the roars we let out brought my missus in to the room saying "but it's only 2-2" and then "why didn't ye say anything for the equaliser". I happily admit I was in floods of tears for hours after.

I have to say that moment was the best feeling I have ever felt, beating the birth of my 3 kids, marriage day and anything else by a million miles. I'm still prone to well up with tears, especially with the "everyone goes nuts" clip which I've probably watched over a hundred times. 32 years I've been supporting City, I had my son to his first match aged 3 and he used to get serious slagging turning up at football practice in his City gear. The only match we got over to last year was the Sunderland 3-3 draw, our only dropped points at home, and I was thinking at one stage in the second half on May 13 "I've fucking jinxed us", how happy I was to be wrong.

It was about the 88th minute when we were attacking down the left wing, I turned to my brother sat next to me, who had his head in his hands, and I said;

'I know it won't happen, but how good would it be if we won it from here?'

He shot me a vicious glance and muttered something along the lines of fuck off, but it's one of those comments that we'll never forget now.

kenzie115 said:
It was about the 88th minute when we were attacking down the left wing, I turned to my brother sat next to me, who had his head in his hands, and I said;

'I know it won't happen, but how good would it be if we won it from here?'

He shot me a vicious glance and muttered something along the lines of fuck off, but it's one of those comments that we'll never forget now.

hit the like button

Felt gutted from Mackies goal onwards,until the 91st minute,I threw the ball to Pablo Zabaleta and he rolled to it David Silva who put the corner in for Dzekos goal,you could say I had a hand in the goal !.When the ball came into the crowd,I had a strong feeling that it would bobble down and come to me,and when it did,I got a feeling my Dad was willing me on to not give up hope and this was his way of showing me.It was a surreal moment,and when Edin scored straight from the resulting corner,felt much better.I was sat to the right of the goal where Sergio scored and got a birds eye view of it,I was probably the closest person to the goal in the ground,beng a steward we had to sit on the perimeter at the last game to stop pitch invasions.
It took a split second to register the winning goal,the view I had I thought Kenny ought to have saved it,but the explosion of noise was unbelievable and I stood up and walked in the direction of Sergios famous shirt off run,and can be seen in the background of many photos,luckily before I hugged a fellow Blue steward - we were told before the match if we are seen celebrating we would be sacked,I didn't care at that moment as I screamed to him,we have won the League,after 42 years watching City I couldn't help it.I kept my job as I think you would have to be cold hearted to not get caught up in the moment,it was a very special day,and the tension of going from being down in the dumps just 5 mins before to sheer elation,was draining.It was as if all the years of shite were wiped away in a fantastic ocassion
and never felt more proud of supporting City as that moment.The fact it was them was the icing on the cake,after all the last minute winners we have suffered at their hands in recent years,in the game that really mattered,we did it,in style.Have watched the goal and highlights many times since,added my dads name to Gary James new book and from first match of last season compiled a scrapbook writing match reports and other stats as I felt the season would be special,with all the club records broken along the way it was certainly that ! My dad passed away 3 weeks after I set up a visit from David White at a hospice where we presented a cheque,and City's first game was also Sky's premier league debut v QPR..when Whitey scored City's first PL goal...20 years later on their anniversaries QPR were involved again,thanks Dad for making me a Blue..CTID

Pam said:
Did any of you have a tantrum at 1-2 and time all but up?

I've often debated posting this...

I'm very far from being a religious man... However, my aunt who happened to be the only other blue in my family passed away shortly after we got beat at Arsenal. The rest of my family are rags, so you can imagine how life regarding football has been for a long time.

Before she passed she told me 'we'll win the league, don't you worry. Just believe!'. At the time I didn't believe her (obviously, 8 point gap) but before the West Brom game, I said a little prayer.

From that point on, I just continued with the ritual. At 2-1 down to QPR, I just believed like I've never believed in anything else in my life. It sounds ridiculous I know, but that's exactly how I felt. I actually sat 3 lads down in 106 who tried to leave at 2-1 down with the words 'please, just trust me. We're going to win this game.'.

Like I said, I'm not a religious man, but my aunt was a religious women, and I'm sure she had a word with the big man.

Best day of my life. Haters are gonna hate, but believers are going to BELIEVE!

Was watching with my 9 year old son - i'd been going on to him all day about this being a banana skin game after we'd done so well to claw the chance of the title back after the Arsenal defeat. He was nearly in tears (I was worse) so when Mario missed that header right on 90 mins I turned it off!

We went out in the garden to play footie to stop me smashing the house apart. Then the wife came out and said that we'd won - she hates football and I looked at her and thought - no..not even you would do that to me! - spent the next month watching every highlight & youtube clip I could find!

citytillidie24 said:
Pam said:

I'm very far from being a religious man... However, my aunt who happened to be the only other blue in my family passed away shortly after we got beat at Arsenal. The rest of my family are rags, so you can imagine how life regarding football has been for a long time.

Before she passed she told me 'we'll win the league, don't you worry. Just believe!'. At the time I didn't believe her (obviously, 8 point gap) but before the West Brom game, I said a little prayer.

From that point on, I just continued with the ritual. At 2-1 down to QPR, I just believed like I've never believed in anything else in my life. It sounds ridiculous I know, but that's exactly how I felt. I actually sat 3 lads down in 106 who tried to leave at 2-1 down with the words 'please, just trust me. We're going to win this game.'.

Like I said, I'm not a religious man, but my aunt was a religious women, and I'm sure she had a word with the big man.

Powerful stuff. Thanks for sharing.

citytillidie24 said:
Pam said:

Love this post ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.