16 | Rodri 2024/25

Even if it doesn't turn out to be overly serious, why wasn't he stretchered off when it was a clear knee issue?

Glass half full time?

We’ve done well without him so far this season - unbeaten - and we’ve brought back Gundo which will help. Pep will have no choice but to change accordingly to a long-term injury as opposed to a short-term suspension.

Kovacic is mint.

Sticking ‘by him’ (not holding off contract negotiations) through a long-term injury might create even more loyalty to us?

Even if it doesn't turn out to be overly serious, why wasn't he stretchered off when it was a clear knee issue?
Not to sound a **** but the physios who are probably paid a fortune will know what the protocol is. He was down for a while getting examined so they must have thought it was ok to walk on. Ligament injuries are strange, it sometimes feels like your knee has snapped but seems fine a few minutes later, despite the ligaments being damaged.

I remember a basketball player playing with no acl in both knees, didn't last very long at the pros mind you but it's totally possible to walk with no acl
Yeah, it seems there is a wide array of experiences. My husband was never able to walk off the pitch when he did his. But my neighbor was fine bike riding with his. Obviously the experiences of 40+ year old men is exactly the same as an elite athlete. But I would imagine what happened after isn’t necessarily a sign one way or the other. No one knows shit. We all just hope for the best.
Struck me as a bit odd, unless they were completely sure they knew what the issue was on the field.
My husband and my social set have had a lot of torn ACLs of late and I do say for normal people they typically want you to rehab prior to surgery.( Yes, I’m aware none of these people are elite athletes…they’re barely functioning athletes at this age.) But point being, some knee injuries can’t be made worse by walking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.