1894Group statement on the atmosphere in full here

moomba said:
I think a lot of people don't get to their seats early because there is no reason to do so. Blaring music,

This. Can't hear yourself think before KO, so people won't even bother talking to each other, nevermind trying to start a song

You are doing a very good job at trying to promote an Atmosphere - keep going.
Unfortunately, you seem to be up against a brick wall. It has been already said - the South Stand after the expansion should be home support only.
But we know it won't be. The powers that be say Away fans cannot be moved because Police, H&S, etc....etc....
On the banner issue I understand that the "digital screens" have replaced banners being placed (or draped) over Level2/3.

LoveCity said:
blue61 said:
Secondly it makes no difference what is played before the kick off as thousands of fans don't take their place until kick-off or beyond. at places like Anfield it seems this is the opposite with few spare seats and singing in full voice as players walk out.

City even created a video to address this... "15 MINUTES TO GO... TAKE YOUR SEAT... BE PART OF IT". But it's still deserted until <5 minutes before kickoff and there is NO chance of a pre-match atmosphere as it is. The 'singing' corner near the away fans is empty save a few while the away fans have already started singing. The only solution there might be to close City Square earlier - wrap it up 15-20 minutes before kickoff, close the cafe and bar outside, to get fans in the turnstiles. Of the teams I watch on TV, only Arsenal struggle to get their fans into seats before kickoff as much as us. And it could be because City are offering so much outside before kickoff.

How selfish is that not everybody wants to be in the ground singing it's not their bag

I'm sure City are going to cut of a revenue stream to

i'm in 110, get to my seat early, and there are loads of empty seats virtually until the teams come out. Most seem to be stood on the concourse for a good 10-15 minutes simply because there's no reason to get to their seat beforehand.

City Square probably lasts too long and maybe should finish 20-25 minutes before kick off, meaning people will make their way to the concourse and generate an atmosphere, as we will see on Sunday, definitely.

Regarding the loud music, there's no reason not to play it; there wouldn't be an atmosphere without it nor with it playing. What would maybe help is if we played more football based songs/ more local bands instead of dreadful pop music. Rochdale, for example, have the likes of Oasis, Stone Roses, Courteeners, Arctic Monkeys all playing. People go there and enjoy the music that is played. None of the stuff we play would get an airing there. Id say that more people would prefer to listen to this than the chart music which is played at City, with the odd Oasis/ Noel Gallagher song thrown in.

Talking to others around me, another thing is that the cringey video that appears on the screen showing kids and fans screaming "Come on City" is one reason why some stay away until at least it's already been shown. It appears embarrassing to some, and can be deemed a pointless show of support, especially compared to potentially thousands of fans singing in their seats as the teams come out, which would be a much better way of showing it.

At places like Anfield, the reason why there are so few empty seats is simply because they play 'You'll never walk alone' before the teams come out. Id say that not many Liverpool fans would want to miss singing it just to stay in the concourse. Singing songs like that bring out the passion and makes them 'up' for the game. Maybe playing 'pounding' by Doves like we did a few years back, 'Boys in Blue', followed by Blue Moon would help get fans' passion out and making them want to sing. There's only 1 way to find that out.

At the end of the day though, despite the good work you guys are putting in, it doesn't make the club any money. Keep up the good work!

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
just out of interest how many members do you have ??

btw it does come across as if your gonna pack it in if it doesn't improve. Keep going !!! "we are getting to the stage where we have gone as far as we can " it feels like you only just started tbh and i think one thing that will help you is if the membership numbers grow.

An ideal scenario would be for the 1894 group to become more visible. I must admit that the 1894 App is great and I suspect many fans don't even know this exists. Also I suspect that if some kind of discounted Seasoncard for the soon to be vacated South Stand Away areas could be arranged for any 1894 members I suspect your numbers would escalate rapidly. £400 adults for adults would be ideal for the noisy types you'd need.

Personally I would concentrate on one fundemantal aim and minimise the flags and displays. Yes they look good, however they are gone in an instant and 95% crowd think the club organised them!

Set you sights on completely claiming that South Stand for City Fans and get the away fans up and out of sight.
I hope you can keep going in your efforts.

The music inside the ground is atrocious and too loud,i have to shout to speak to the person next to me!Any attempt at singing is drowned out and dies in it's wake.It was the same when we won the league,a couple of songs are ok but then let the fans sing and salute the players.

I am in the south stand and a few sing here and there but there are still too many who you would think are dead by their reaction or lack of it. You could still keep the away fans there but you need the whole lower section to be a singing section and people made aware of that fact.No small kids running about or playing on i pads,fuck them off to the family stand!The boring gits should do one too, it is now or never really,the club.They either go for it, or forever bemoan about the lack of atmosphere without really listening to what the fan's want and keep pushing some media whizzkid's idea of what contributes atmosphere onto us.

bluemanc1994 said:
City Square probably lasts too long and maybe should finish 20-25 minutes before kick off, meaning people will make their way to the concourse and generate an atmosphere, as we will see on Sunday, definitely.

Pretty sure it does close up early, not sure exactly when. But I've been walking towards the gates before the match and it has been shut down.

Regarding the loud music, there's no reason not to play it; there wouldn't be an atmosphere without it nor with it playing.

I'd be more inclined to get to my seat early if the music wasnt on. No music and before too long there will be chants before the match. More people will start getting in earlier to join in.

Talking to others around me, another thing is that the cringey video that appears on the screen showing kids and fans screaming "Come on City" is one reason why some stay away until at least it's already been shown. It appears embarrassing to some, and can be deemed a pointless show of support, especially compared to potentially thousands of fans singing in their seats as the teams come out, which would be a much better way of showing it.

Yeah, that is a bit cringeworthy, but wouldnt keep me in the concourses to avoid watching it.

At places like Anfield, the reason why there are so few empty seats is simply because they play 'You'll never walk alone' before the teams come out. Id say that not many Liverpool fans would want to miss singing it just to stay in the concourse. Singing songs like that bring out the passion and makes them 'up' for the game. Maybe playing 'pounding' by Doves like we did a few years back, 'Boys in Blue', followed by Blue Moon would help get fans' passion out and making them want to sing. There's only 1 way to find that out.

I'd rather we decide what to sing and when to sing it rather than being directed by the PA. No harm in trying, but it can sometimes seem a bit stage managed.

bluemanc1994 said:
i'm in 110, get to my seat early, and there are loads of empty seats virtually until the teams come out. Most seem to be stood on the concourse for a good 10-15 minutes simply because there's no reason to get to their seat beforehand.

Regarding the loud music, there's no reason not to play it; there wouldn't be an atmosphere without it nor with it playing. What would maybe help is if we played more football based songs/ more local bands instead of dreadful pop music. Rochdale, for example, have the likes of Oasis, Stone Roses, Courteeners, Arctic Monkeys all playing. People go there and enjoy the music that is played. None of the stuff we play would get an airing there. Id say that more people would prefer to listen to this than the chart music which is played at City, with the odd Oasis/ Noel Gallagher song thrown in.

At the end of the day though, despite the good work you guys are putting in, it doesn't make the club any money. Keep up the good work!

Maybe to encourage people into the ground early City should, for each game, randomly select some seats and stick £ 100 pound note bills onto them !

That would create a rush through the turnstiles and into the stadium !

Very good statement and the efforts by the group to date have also been good. As a 50 year old singer but also a pain in the arse I think the statement could have been improved by listing some of the outcomes from the proposed activities. It might make the club listen more if they can be clearly shown the benefits of your ideas.

Well good luck to you guys and at least someone is having a go at improving the atmosphere.

For me, i think its an insult to the players if your not there welcoming the boys on the pitch at the beginning- it must be demoralising walking out and seeing thousands of empty seats yet the away end is packed and noisy.

Worse still, finishing the game (whatever the result or performance) to a ground that is usually over half empty. Surely thats our biggest embarrassment as fans at the moment?

Can we get a lock in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.