19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Was ok, not brilliant.

Not going to judge him after the first game of the season though.

I still think he will score 20-25 this season for us in all competitions

Quality player but it is hard to see right now what his role could be other than backup for the big fella and utility forward sub. If Pep can figure out a way to get him into the team I think he will be a star… would be fitting for Pep to end up with a team with 4 centre half and a little and large striker combo after building a reputation as the guy that wanted 11 midfielders in his team

Very good player

You can see he's still quite raw in a way sometimes, and those moments can sometimes give off the impression he isnt having a great game even when he's contributing a lot in reality.

Once his overall game becomes more refined he's going to be some player.

You know what's funny, like everyone here, I thought he had a pretty meh game.

But he apparentlly had 6 Key Passes, with second in our team being Phil and Haaland with 2.

Other than the Haaland assist, I can't remember him making that many creative passes, perhaps a few of those are from the corners.
Most are set pieces. Actually "key pass"stats itself is not accurate to measure creativity. Open play xA is a status better.

I generally don't like the idea of transforming him into a midfielder. We have enough midfielders and can buy more but we only have two strikers and I dont want them to lose the sharpness of strikers.

Got a proper eight or play Foden in the middle.

I thought he was excellent tonight. Fantastic player who will be very important this season
Great little player, low maintenance but high quality.

And the wonderful thing is, he's only going to get better and better.

I generally don't like the idea of transforming him into a midfielder. We have enough midfielders and can buy more but we only have two strikers and I dont want them to lose the sharpness of strikers.

Got a proper eight or play Foden in the middle.
I don't think that would fly with him and his reason for extending.

Clearly Haaland will start every game when fit, Alvarez would rather play with him than just wait for when Pep rests Haaland.

Really don't get the negativity. I thought him and haaland together worked quite well, they both set each other up for chances and with better finishing we could be looking at a magnificent partnership. Truly don't understand what some people have against Alvarez, they seem to have convinced themselves he's much worse at football than he actually is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.