19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is just in a rough patch where nothing is working for him, every player goes through them from time to time, regardless of their quality.

I reckon it is likely largely down to having played so much over the last few years. A good rest would likely do him a lot of good and I hope we are able to give that to him.
How can we rest him mate . For a club of this size and status we’d only have ONE striker and if he’s not performing which he isn’t then no rest for Julian .

Alvarez is a good striker but he has zero knowledge of how to block line and defend as a central midfielder next to Rodri. Palmer and Co had all the fun passing around Alvarez. I cannot think of a worse candidate to play that position. Astonishing.

I'm not talking in genral about the game but today's the goal it's exactly what I've meant in a post recently about the main tendencies from Phil, Erling, Julian and other players. Erling likes to run with space and be vertical and Julian too. City sometimes must adapt to these preferences from their players in order to not always fall in sobbing the ball eternally while teh rival sits back in their own area. When City combines both things, Pep's genral approach to a match to be more risky, or more vertical, the best from both worlds can happen.

Julian, if your reading this pal, make up some sort of injury and get yourself a week off. Looks cooked at the minute.

Another poor performance. At least today KDB was not available, but I hope this is his last match as a starter for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.