2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck off. He might be a dick in his private life and I agree he shouldn’t be club captain because of this but to suggest he hasn’t been a great and inspirational player for us is utter bollocks. The best right back we’ve had in modern times and his performance against Madrid in particular will always be legend.
"might"?

Bollocks.

I said earlier in this thread - you hear about a very vocal minority of footballers who behave like dickheads as it makes good tabloid copy.

But for every Walker there’s 10 Rodri’s etc who just go about their lives like normal people and are never in the news.
I only really notice/care about our players and personnel so this may be a stupid question: Is it noticeable that the majority of players that get ‘caught’ up in this type of scandal are English/British players or is that my imagination?

p.s. I would not want anyone to think from my earlier posting (about 4 or 5 above this) that I am defending Kyle I was just trying to point out that basically I never believe anything 100% unless I saw it with my own eyes. The media, as we can all testify, has a tendency to lie (allegedly) and very definitively exaggerate especially when it is our player. :-)

When the punani is top notch, it's hard for a man's brain to govern his actions.

Sorry, but it's true.

Haven’t heard the word “punani” since I was in school in the 90s haha
I have never, ever heard that word but am assuming it is not one I would use or possibly understand? :-)

I only really notice/care about our players and personnel so this may be a stupid question: Is it noticeable that the majority of players that get ‘caught’ up in this type of scandal are English/British players or is that my imagination?

p.s. I would not want anyone to think from my earlier posting (about 4 or 5 above this) that I am defending Kyle I was just trying to point out that basically I never believe anything 100% unless I saw it with my own eyes. The media, as we can all testify, has a tendency to lie (allegedly) and very definitively exaggerate especially when it is our player. :-)

There’s something in English culture about getting pissed and acting like an idiot for sure - but again, it’s my view that the media in this country want to highlight the failings of English footballers in the tried and true tradition of building them up to knock them down.

None of this excuses Kyle though. He’s a fucking moron and needs to be stripped of the armband and personally I wouldn’t be arsed if he never plays for us again.

He’s done some great work for us over the years but we can do without this circus and as a player it looks like he’s past it anyway.

There’s something in English culture about getting pissed and acting like an idiot for sure - but again, it’s my view that the media in this country want to highlight the failings of English footballers in the tried and true tradition of building them up to knock them down.

None of this excuses Kyle though. He’s a fucking moron and needs to be stripped of the armband and personally I wouldn’t be arsed if he never plays for us again.

He’s done some great work for us over the years but we can do without this circus and as a player it looks like he’s past it anyway.
Just clicking like there isn’t quite enough. I have admired Kyle as a player but this is a step too far as they say.
Don’t laugh but I’ve had to turn my City Calendar for January round because it’s Kyle this month and until this new revelation I was quite ok with it. Now, for my appointments I have to rely on my Outlook calendar! :-) :-)

Just clicking like there isn’t quite enough. I have admired Kyle as a player but this is a step too far as they say.
Don’t laugh but I’ve had to turn my City Calendar for January round because it’s Kyle this month and until this new revelation I was quite ok with it. Now, for my appointments I have to rely on my Outlook calendar! :-) :-)

Don’t blame you.

It’s not like he’s some teenager or even a lad in his early 20s.

He’s a 34 year old married man with three kids (well, 5 kids…). Disrespecting not just his wife but his whole family like this is disgusting.

He’s an absolute arsehole and if I found out one of my mates had done the same I’d cut them off forever.

But for every Walker there’s 10 Rodri’s
To be fair, thats why I specify "english", the whole cheating footballer craze seems much more prevalent in this country than others. Obviously it happens in places like Spain, Italy, etc. but the "footballer affair" culture just feels so commonplace here. Also, these are only the ones being reported. Imagine how many affairs/scandals go unnoticed?

To be fair, thats why I specify "english", the whole cheating footballer craze seems much more prevalent in this country than others. Obviously it happens in places like Spain, Italy, etc. but the "footballer affair" culture just feels so commonplace here. Also, these are only the ones being reported. Imagine how many affairs/scandals go unnoticed?

I hear you but as I said in my reply to Eccles IMO the British media like to amplify the stories about the English players to knock them down. It sells more papers and gets more clicks.

Just my hunch anyway for what it’s worth.

I hear you but as I said in my reply to Eccles IMO the British media like to amplify the stories about the English players to knock them down. It sells more papers and gets more clicks.

Just my hunch anyway for what it’s worth.
Spot on. A foreign player based in England misbehaving isn’t half as newsworthy so you’re less likely to see stories about it. Certainly not on the front pages.

Plenty of other professions / areas where this kind of behaviour is commonplace as well:

Politics (way, way worse than football)
The media
The world of celebrity, luvvies, acting etc
Other sports - have a look at horse racing just for starters, some of the behaviour by top trainers, jockeys etc over the years makes Kyle Walker look amateur

Basically where there is money, fame and power, this kind of stuff happens more often than in society in general. It’s (the darker side of) human nature.

So while I don’t condone Walker at all for his behaviour (who does!), it’s just a fact that as an English footballer he will make the front pages with his indiscretions more easily than most.

The fact he’s in his thirties now is the most damning aspect of it. A rich successful young lad in his 20s and you can kind of expect it but it looks like he’s not learnt anything over the years sadly. And five kids with two women…wear a fucking condom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.