2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
The comms are dreadful aren't they - or just not allowed to describe things accurately. They reckoned Dudson going with the head was a sinbin, and not a mention of Pearce clearly giving the ref the finger there.

I’m pretty sure the commentators for these Catalan games are working from a TV studio in England and are only seeing what we are on the screen.

IMG are taking a close look at the French Clubs. They might think again about expansion in France after last night. The article predates last night’s Rhinos’ win

They’ll be kicking out Hull, Salford, Warrington amongst others if occasional shenanigans are the deciding factor.

IMG are taking a close look at the French Clubs. They might think again about expansion in France after last night. The article predates last night’s Rhinos’ win
As tasteless as last night was from both the Catalans team and Catalans fans; we’re going to watch a game this afternoon where both teams’ best home attendances of the season added together wouldn’t equal Catalans’ attendance last night.

I’d much rather see 12,000 passionate Frenchies at a Catalans game, throwing beer and objects at opposition teams (okay maybe not haha), than seeing Huddersfield play in front of 5,000 in their biggest game of the season.

Like McNamara said, “What the Catalans have brought to this competition in 16, 17 seasons is on a par with what some of those clubs have brought in 100 years.” (Huddersfield certainly don’t fall into that though because they were the most successful club in the country up to the 1960s).

Looked tame compared to a game at Batley.

Hornets v Roughyeds tomorrow the game of the weekend, loser goes out, winner player loser loser of 3 v 4, winner of 3 v 4 plays 2 (Swinton), winner of swinton game through to the final, loser plays loser of 3 v4 V HvR winner to get in the final. Rochdale/Oldam need to win 4 on the bounce, Swinton can do it with 2 games, but they get another chance if they lose their first game.

They’ll be kicking out Hull, Salford, Warrington amongst others if occasional shenanigans are the deciding factor.
I think they are looking at growing the game rather than eliminating Clubs.

The article was before last night’s game. I’m glad if IMG make the SL rethink expansion in France for the sake of it. Catalans have established themselves on merit but Toulouse need to earn a place back in Super League.

As tasteless as last night was from both the Catalans team and Catalans fans; we’re going to watch a game this afternoon where both teams’ best home attendances of the season added together wouldn’t equal Catalans’ attendance last night.

I’d much rather see 12,000 passionate Frenchies at a Catalans game, throwing beer and objects at opposition teams (okay maybe not haha), than seeing Huddersfield play in front of 5,000 in their biggest game of the season.

Like McNamara said, “What the Catalans have brought to this competition in 16, 17 seasons is on a par with what some of those clubs have brought in 100 years.” (Huddersfield certainly don’t fall into that though because they were the most successful club in the country up to the 1960s).
I’ve been to Hudders a number of times when the Rhinos following has outnumbered the giants. That was a few years back when the Rhinos had a great team.

I agree Catalans have been good for the game. They’ve earnt their success on merit. Maybe they’ve had favourable refereeing at times where their players expect to get the decisions. That’s the benefit of having a passionate home crowd.

Macnamara is quite a cynical coach so I’m glad he ended up on his arse last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.