21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same downsides being thrown at Gomez by some in here are the same ones that were thrown at Zinchenko. It's an easy comparison to make for a reason.

Zinny started to excel (bought for cheaper than Gomez too) in that role and was a vital player in a lot of big games. Gomez will learn the position in time just like Zinchenko did.

Also, sidenote, it's only really Walker who nailed down the role almost immediately. Cancelo, among others, really struggled with playing full back in this Pep team and now he shines.

I don't think Gomez has the technical ability that Zinchenko does nor the overall ability that Cancelo does but those two are on another level in those elements than a lot of other players. Gomez will be fine IMO and will prove to be a very, very shrewd piece of business in a year or two.

Remember, just because they're cheap doesn't mean they're shite!!

Some of the posts on here , he plays for the club you support
Some knee jerk reactions on here, that's pretty all Jack. Nowhere near as bad as Arsenal fans on AFTV camera wetting their knickers week after week not too long ago, i found them truly embarrassing. Xhaka is one player you lot absolutely hated and slated, now he's almost worshipped. Plenty more players i could mention but you know who they are. You're fickle as fuck you lot pal.

I am certainly not going to judge him yet, to be fair i could not i have not seen enough to say he is good or bad, but as for impressing Pep that was a huge blow, Cancelo was never going to be easy to push out but Walkers injury gave a bit of hope, he is now competing with Akanji,

If it's any consolation to him he can be assured that you only learn when you make mistakes! If you aren't making mistakes and clearly you are doing what you know already. I always say that the best yradesmen will be those that have made alll the mistakes in their former years and have become experts in their trade.

Our problem is, how much learning can we let players who need to learn do whilst in our 1st eleven?

Fortunately there are 2 more Champions League games and a Carabou Cup game in which he can play without fear of messing up. I'll be honest however and say I just don't think he is reliable enough in anymore Premier League games just yet.

If it's any consolation to him he can be assured that you only learn when you make mistakes! If you aren't making mistakes and clearly you are doing what you know already. I always say that the best yradesmen will be those that have made alll the mistakes in their former years and have become experts in their trade.

Our problem is, how much learning can we let players who need to learn do whilst in our 1st eleven?

Fortunately there are 2 more Champions League games and a Carabou Cup game in which he can play without fear of messing up. I'll be honest however and say I just don't think he is reliable enough in anymore Premier League games just yet.
He will be suspended in the next 3 CL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.