#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprisingly, he looked better when we were taking the game to Villa than when we came under more pressure in the second half. Despite playing as our deepest midfielder for most of his career at City, his instincts are always to go forward and that manifested itself in some lovely passing (especially in the build-up to the second goal).

What we needed second half was for someone to take the sting out of the game and control the tempo, which has never been Ferny's strongest suit. He has too much of an innate bias for action. That coupled with his understandably tiring legs and Villa's energy in the press led to his worst period of the game, but I still don't think he was bad at any point

A master of his craft, i expected him to get hooked late on, looked leggy, but battled on and closed out the game.

Love Dhino, been an absolute legend for City. Unfortunately, age has caught up with him and this will be his last season.

I say keep him around for another year as a player-coach. We don't need to worry about registering him for the CL if we don't have room and he could play a few games here and there when stretched. He would then be eligible for a testimonial, eligible for UK citizenship, and he'd have a year of coaching experience and time to work on coaching badges before retiring. He might not have the legs he used to but he could still be a very useful player. And then after that a coach with a brilliant mentality.

It happens to everyone, he's had an amazing career for us but it's here.

Get him in the coaching room, keep him in CFG if he wants to keep playing, but tonight's performance is why Rodri's going to play 60 games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.