25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been subbed as was running on empty towards the end.

Given his importance,probably should not even have started this game.

looked gassed by FT and his play out from the back was poor last night, but he still put a few good tackles in. Centre-back-at-full-back performance.

Corn-rows out, sub par/tired performance, the inverse Leroy Sane.

#PepsGonnaBreakHim

Last edited:
He was excellent for large parts of the game but poor once fatigue set in, giving away the ball on several occasions, turning into trouble or misplacing a pass. He has made a wonderful start at the club, but we will always need to offer support to new players - it's what true fans do.

I thought he had a number of excellent moments within a mathematical equation of awfulness.

He should have been substituted at 60 mins as he was rapidly declining to the point of destroying any hope of attack on the right.

That said, I think Pep likes to let players out on the pitch when they are having a real tough grind as it does them good in the longterm to have these lows/struggles.

I'm struggling to criticise him too much when he's at right back. As with when Stones plays on the right, or Ake/Laporte on the left, he's a good footballer doing his best in a position he's rarely played before.

Some matches there he'll look pretty good. But against quality opposition, head to head with talented, experienced forwards who are playing in the positions they excel at, he may well come up short.

Scares the life out of me at RB against any half-decent side. I think we can get away with him or Stones playing out there against sides that have no intention of attacking us but in games like today it’s an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.