27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on blues I know we back our players and absolutely want them to succeed but the guy is nowhere near it.

His highlights today were giving the ball away their goal and falling over every 5 seconds.

He’s average and he doesn’t fit our style.
Hope he proves me wrong but can’t see anything that justifies his place in the squad.

Come on blues I know we back our players and absolutely want them to succeed but the guy is nowhere near it.

His highlights today were giving the ball away for their goal and falling over every 5 seconds.

So that’s 100m wasted (him and Phillips). Piss poor recruitment from City that.

You’re not setting the bar high there. Why not Rico Lewis?
Squad depth has to mean more than 624 league minutes, 3 complete games (one of which was when we were down to 10), and 2 assists. His full games have all come at the Etihad and we only have Wolves and West Ham yet to come, and his only start away in the League in ‘24 was at Everton. Unless our contenders implode, we might not see him start another game, making a fuller judgement harder.
Paqueta isn't much better in the grand scheme of things. Certainly not worth letting Nunes go after a season for. With Rico Lewis Pep doesn't see him as a midfielder at present.

His highlights today were giving the ball away their goal and falling over every 5 seconds.

If true, then he presumably cannot remain. What with Phillips, then, those higher in the club should rightfully be asking questions about how we are identifying and handling transfers. To paraphrase: “To lose one central midfielder, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.”

His highlights today were giving the ball away for their goal and falling over every 5 seconds.

You’re wrong. Watch and see.

Paqueta isn't much better in the grand scheme of things. Certainly not worth letting Nunes go after a season for. With Rico Lewis Pep doesn't see him as a midfielder at present.
I know you’re unconvinced by Paqueta, but he’s arguably better suited to our style of play and certainly not short on self-belief. West Ham fans acknowledge that he has been their best player since the turn of 2023, yet Wolves fans were unperturbed about losing Nunes (1 goal and 1 assist in 2,758 minutes ), confessing that he had never fully convinced and that they didn’t know where his best position was. Those confessions already sound uncomfortably familiar.

This is how I feel.

Philips vibes. I feel a bit sorry for him but he’s just not our level.

Poor recruitment and a bit of a panic buy.

I know you’re unconvinced by Paqueta, but he’s arguably better suited to our style of play and certainly not short on self-belief. West Ham fans acknowledge that he has been there best player since the turn of 2023, yet Wolves fans were unperturbed about losing Nunes (1 goal and 1 assist in 2,758 minutes ), confessing that he had never fully convinced and that they didn’t know where his best position was. Those confessions already sound uncomfortably familiar.
And yet at times he does look like a liabilty. The recent performance vs Bayer Leverkusen being the latest example. Plus the looming betting charge hasn't disappeared which means if found guilty he will be looking at an Ivan Toney sized ban which is no good to us as we will be short of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.