27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stays here , we should give im Fabian Delph role for the rest of his tenure here

Its seems that he probably will never gain spot nowhere near midfield

Come on blues I know we back our players and absolutely want them to succeed but the guy is nowhere near it.

His highlights today were giving the ball away for their goal and falling over every 5 seconds.

He’s average and he doesn’t fit our style.
So that pass from ederson not to blame then I'm sure Eddie will feel better now

I was in block 318 today, row T.

The guy behind me damn near had an aneurysm when Nunes caused the goal. I kind of hope he's a member on here.

I've said in the match day thread, I will grant him a pass for it being the 1st season as so many players have struggled, but he really needs to figure it out next year.

And yet at times he does look like a liabilty. The recent performance vs Bayer Leverkusen being the latest example. Plus the looming betting charge hasn't disappeared which means if charged he will be looking at an Ivan Toney sized ban.
We’ll evidently not move for him until he’s cleared, but we need physical presence in the middle, especially if Rodri is to be rested, and the fact that he’s no shirking violet should help when we scrap it out with Liverpool/Arsenal.

A technically beautiful player. Can carry the ball, beat a player and pass it well. Knows when to slow it down. Felt sorry for him when he slipped for the goal and for the opening when he was through at the start of the second half. There is definite progress. His confidence looks a little bit shot, so it was a shame when he hit the post as a goal would have done him wonders.

He isn't quite aggressive enough but looks more physical than he did a couple of months ago. He lacks a bit of ruthlessness but Pep develops players mentally as well as tactically.

I think he is going in the right direction and can't believe comparisons with Phillips. He's way better. Pep knows this too because Phillips would never have started a must-win league game in his City career like Nunes did today. He's probably got the furthest to go out of our four summer signings, but they are all really starting to bed in at the right time. Have patience and I'm sure we will see a top player. The lad needs our support.

Comparison with Phillips is wrong ,this guy is press resistant ,good dribbler and can make yaya toure like runs from midfield .Needs to improve the final ball though.

I'm convinced he will have a future here, he can do a job for us. Lots of places he can improve but the biggest is the growing pain of where his mistake came from. Sometimes you need to make a mistake to learn what you cannot do and he should learn from that.

But very nice outing and almost a goal! Keep working hard Matteus!

Thought he did alright today, actually influenced the game

Hoping he progresses into the 2nd season as he has the technical ability, just currently lacks a few basics that you need to play regularly at City

He’s this season’s Kalvin Phillips. Fucking useless and never a City player. Panic buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.