27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re wrong. Watch and see.
Wrong how? What are we meant to watch when he doesnt come close to warranting a place in front of our best midfield and cant cut it when given a chance to start at home against the likes of Luton and Everton? We're talking a £50m signing here not some kid from the academy. Supposedly he offers something 'different' to what we already have, but the question should be does he offer MORE? He clearly doesn't which is reflected in his minutes this season despite KDB being injured for half of it. I know football isn't as cut and dry in that transfer fees guarantee the success of a signing but for the money paid hes proved a poor one.

IMO he's lacking aggression and confidence and in that way he is similar to Phillips.

If there is a lose ball 4 feet in front of him can he be first to it and control it and progress further and make the correct decision and move into a next phase? The best of our players can and the best of our youth can.

Can he keep his balance when pushed around or can he protect the ball when under physical pressure? The best of our players can and (maybe) the best of our youth can.

I think Gomez and Lewis and Bobb are better players right now but... I still have hope for Nunes.

I believe that he has to stop feeling defeated as can be seen by his throwing arms in the air and take his chances by the scruff of the neck. If I was Pep I'd feed him raw meat and send him to live as a bare knuckle boxer with a family of travellers for the summer.

His passing isn't great, shooting is poor, falls over quite a bit and doesn't really affect the game from an attacking stance but that's exactly what he was like at Wolves so shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

On the plus side he looks alright when he runs around which is what he's known for.

Average player plays average shocker.

His biggest need to improve is his defensive skills.

When the team loses possession in the front court, he needs to run like Alvarez and stay close to the defensive player holding the ball. Too often, he just stands in place, which is not enough.

The team's frontcourt players are generally around 170cm tall. Nunes is 183cm tall and is a big guy, so he can intercept a larger area. He needs to do more defensive work in the front court.

If he can defend well, his attack skills will be a bonus.
If he can't help the team defend, then it's obvious that his skills are not enough for him to stay in this team. He's not an academic player like Rico and Bobb.

Comparisons to Phillips are hilarious. Nunes is inconsistent, but continues to show glimpses of serious talent.

He wasn't our first choice (Bellingham) or our second choice (Rice) or even our third choice (Paqueta) for that midfied signing, but we needed another body and I'm much happier with him in the squad than without.

His biggest need to improve is his defensive skills.

When the team loses possession in the front court, he needs to run like Alvarez and stay close to the defensive player holding the ball. Too often, he just stands in place, which is not enough.

The team's frontcourt players are generally around 170cm tall. Nunes is 183cm tall and is a big guy, so he can intercept a larger area. He needs to do more defensive work in the front court.

If he can defend well, his attack skills will be a bonus.
If he can't help the team defend, then it's obvious that his skills are not enough for him to stay in this team. He's not an academic player like Rico and Bobb.
Front court ? Isn't that for Mason Greenwood & Anthony ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.