27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Can't see any way he'll be here next season, genuinely got no idea how or where he's meant to fit in for us.

When people say 'can't see...', they are often dead wrong. If you doubt it, read the title race thread. Or the Rodri/Plodri thread from 19/20.

There's no excuses, they're legitimate reasons, kovacic was signed incredibly early, and gvardiol in time to have a little bit of pre-season, nunes had zero. by the time he had signed the season was well underway and we were already in play, recover, prepare mode.

You'd think by now people would have learned and recognised the need to give players more than a year before declaring them flops and wanting rid. Nunes has a lot of potential, whether pep can make him fulfill it remains to be seen but its ridiuclous to be suggesting we dump him this early. We would have got rid of Rodri, Bernardo and Ake amongst others if we did what you're suggesting and dumped every player who didn't hit the ground running.
gvardiol didn’t have a pre-season, his first time in the squad was the burnley league game.

also, gvardiol and doku had zero epl experience, unlike nunes.

just to clarify, nothing against nunes, i just like facts.

I thought he would come in and play alongside Rodri and we saw glimpses of that being effective early in the season but his touch and control is lacking at times and I think Pep saw it as too much of a risk to play him there. His performance at Wolves was shocking and was a major set back for him. He didn't really get a sniff in the league after that.

Gets a full preseason with us now which is a good thing and hopefully can kick on.

Whilst we are winning things it doesn't really bother me if one or two signings don't come off. He might come good or he might not and if we lose money on him it doesn't bother me either. Plenty in the academy make up those losses each year.
Same. I'd love to see Pep try and deploy him deeper. He covers a lot of ground an is great at driving forward with the ball. He certainly has all the tools to be in a double pivot.

When people say 'can't see...', they are often dead wrong. If you doubt it, read the title race thread. Or the Rodri/Plodri thread from 19/20.
If I'm proven wrong then I'll be delighted and will freely admit so, here's hoping he kicks on a few levels next season

Same. I'd love to see Pep try and deploy him deeper. He covers a lot of ground an is great at driving forward with the ball. He certainly has all the tools to be in a double pivot.

Needs to be stronger on the ball and better with his first touch. Peps initial comments on him were quite critical and I still think it was a case of the board drawing up a list with Pep and Paqueta being the first choice and then Pep not being overly impressed with who arrived instead!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.