27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

He's got talent but not sure he's got the consistency. With us being linked with Kimmich, Guimaraes, and Paqueta, I don't really see where he fits in next season if even one of them is signed up. Maybe he'll move to full-back? He played as a wing-back for Wolves on very rare occasions.

When people say 'can't see...', they are often dead wrong. If you doubt it, read the title race thread. Or the Rodri/Plodri thread from 19/20.
You refer to some fans that questioned Rodri at the start. Yet Pep always had trust in Rodri, like Ake and Gundogan.

The difference with Nunes is Pep himself doesn't seem to trust him.

Pep works with the players pretty much every day. I trust Pep's judgement.

When people say 'can't see...', they are often dead wrong. If you doubt it, read the title race thread. Or the Rodri/Plodri thread from 19/20.
Wether you rated Rodri or not, I've adored from day one, he was getting regular minutes to be able form an opinion on him. Nunez is barely getting any and at this moment looks to be falling into the Phillips category.

Why? Anything negative that has been posted about him will have been fully justified at the time of writing. So far he has not been fit for purpose, there's no denying that.
Not trusted by his manager at this time but also no indication other than he will be at the club next season.

I loved seeing him sing with the fans, genuinely over the moon despite the lack of playing time. There is no denying he has a lot of raw ability, so with the extra time with Pep, hopefully, we will see him at 100% next season.

Anything negative that has been posted about him will have been fully justified at the time of writing.

This is never how it works because people can never stop their criticisms at "he's not playing well now" or "he's in bad form" etc. They always have to make it a definitive judgement and say player X is shit, never going to be good enough, terrible transfer etc. I do it as well sometimes - it's hard not to.

If he comes good then those comments weren't justified, they were just wrong, and misread a tough start for a lack of quality.

For example -

Oh really. He will never be a starter for City and If somehow he does we will no longer be challenging for titles.

This is never how it works because people can never stop their criticisms at "he's not playing well now" or "he's in bad form" etc. They always have to make it a definitive judgement and say player X is shit, never going to be good enough, terrible transfer etc. I do it as well sometimes - it's hard not to.

If he comes good then those comments weren't justified, they were just wrong, and misread a tough start for a lack of quality.

For example -
Which at the time of writing was entirely justified and for what's it's worth still is. Its no different than those posters who are euligising over him if he makes a simple 5 yard pass or runs past someone. Time will tell who was right on this transfer. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up and admit it.

I still think it was a case of the board drawing up a list with Pep and Paqueta being the first choice and then Pep not being overly impressed with who arrived instead!
Being honest fine midfielder though he was I feel Pep would struggle now with the premier league pace particularly with his back problems. I prefer him as the coach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.