27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been brilliant since he joined. He didn't even need any time to adapt. He just started performing at a high level right away. He can be scary good in the future for us if he is already performing at the level he is. I suspect Pep took him off due to the special circumstances surrounding his exit from Wolves and the fact he seems temperamental. It will help him in most games since we need ballsy fighters on our team, but after the Rodri incident, I suspect Pep wanted to play it safe as we were down to bare bones with all the injuries. Besides, Bobb was an attacking change, so understandably, we wanted more goal threat under the circumstances.

I hope he starts tonight. We need him.

Jury's still out i think. Not sure what his best position is. Would like to see him when we're full strength, although when we're full strength he aint playing.

Jury's still out i think. Not sure what his best position is. Would like to see him when we're full strength, although when we're full strength he aint playing.
Hahahaha are you alright?

Jury's out after playing the equivalent of about 3 games for us, of which 90 minutes was while we were down to 10 men, and 30 minutes was in a league cup game, playing with a complete mixed bag of players.

At least save yourself some embarrassment and wait for him to get some game time alongside the top class players we have in the squad, or perhaps give him a bit longer than the month he's had to train with them.

Hahahaha are you alright?

Jury's out after playing the equivalent of about 3 games for us, of which 90 minutes was while we were down to 10 men, and 30 minutes was in a league cup game, playing with a complete mixed bag of players.

At least save yourself some embarrassment and wait for him to get some game time alongside the top class players we have in the squad, or perhaps give him a bit longer than the month he's had to train with them.
Yeah, the jury's out, coz we haven't seen enough. Perhaps you're not familiar with that phrase?

An edit for the person who also liked your response.

If you say that the jury is out or that the jury is still out on a particular subject, you mean that people in general have still not made a decision or formed an opinion about that subject. The jury is out on whether or not this is true

Perhaps idioms are not everyone's cup of tea.

If something is not your cup of tea, it is not the type of thing that you like.

Last edited:
Yeah, the jury's out, coz we haven't seen enough. Perhaps you're not familiar with that phrase?

An edit for the person who also liked your response.

"If you say that the jury is out or that the jury is still out on a particular subject, you mean that people in general have still not made a decision or formed an opinion about that subject. The jury is out on whether or not this is true"

Perhaps idioms are not everyone's cup of tea.

"If something is not your cup of tea, it is not the type of thing that you like:"
Yeah I'm quite familiar with the phrase, and if you hadn't backed it up with your next two sentences, then I probably wouldn't have said anything, but it suggests you've pretty much already made your mind up on him, despite the limited time frame.

Just find it very odd for the jury to still be out on him, when he's been at the club just over a month. It's the kind of phrase you'd perhaps use after at least 10 games of him playing regularly, or given the demands Pep has on new players, then perhaps slightly longer.

Yeah I'm quite familiar with the phrase, and if you hadn't backed it up with your next two sentences, then I probably wouldn't have said anything, but it suggests you've pretty much already made your mind up on him, despite the limited time frame.

Just find it very odd for the jury to still be out on him, when he's been at the club just over a month. It's the kind of phrase you'd perhaps use after at least 10 games of him playing regularly, or given the demands Pep has on new players, then perhaps slightly longer.
No, it doesn't mate. It's literally the opposite. What's happened here is that you've misinterpreted what I've wrote. It's ok. We completely agree.

No, it doesn't mate. It's literally the opposite. What's happened here is that you've misinterpreted what I've wrote. It's ok. We completely agree.
OK mate, i just think you've used a bizarre turn of phrase, to describe a footballer who hasn't even had enough time at a club to help you make a more informed decision.

OK mate, i just think you've used a bizarre turn of phrase, to describe a footballer who hasn't even had enough time at a club to help you make a more informed decision.
It literally means what you're saying. Give me fucking strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.