27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which game you watched, but he didn't play well and didn't do anything. He had one good run, but he didn't even win a free kick with it.
He was involved a lot for such a short cameo. 25 touches in 20 or so minutes (Haaland had 23, Alvarez 30, Lewis 36), constantly making himself available, carried the ball out of the back a couple of times, and had that one good run you mentioned, 94.7% passing rate. We weren't playing well, so obviously hard for him to turn things around, but he was trying. For me, he showed more fight than the majority of the team.

He was involved a lot for such a short cameo. 25 touches in 20 or so minutes (Haaland had 23, Alvarez 30, Lewis 36), constantly making himself available, carried the ball out of the back a couple of times, and had that one good run you mentioned, 94.7% passing rate. We weren't playing well, so obviously hard for him to turn things around, but he was trying. For me, he showed more fight than the majority of the team.
No doubting his quality but has he got any fight?

That's the one worry with him, seems very arsey off the ball, but Pep will soon get that out of him.

No doubting his quality but has he got any fight?

That's the one worry with him, seems very arsey off the ball, but Pep will soon get that out of him.
I think that he looks a very sound player technically, comfortable on the ball and in tight spaces. These are qualities that Pep likes. From what I've seen thus far however, is that he's very lightweight and easy to muscle off the ball.

I feel like Nunes should have been the man to play alongside Bernardo rather than Kovacic but that's easy in hindsight.

It's been an unfortunate period where, with Stones injured, and Rodri suspended we've had to rely on our new signings and sadly they've not quite been at it. Kovacic in all fairness is returning from an injury himself and he's looked miles off it since. He was tidy and disciplined next to Rodri, but that seems to be the case for most players when he's in the side.

Nunes has a bit more drive from the deeper area than Kovacic who seemed reluctant to pass the ball forwards.

Just one of those days. To be 2pts off top with injuries to Bernardo, Stones, Grealish, Kovacic, De Bruyne and the suspension of Rodri - that's not too bad overall. Time to kick on though.

Good article in the evening news, like this part because down the line he could be useful if needed!

With plenty of competition in the central areas, Nunes feels comfortable playing 'anywhere' - from number six, to number 10. "I even play as a centre-back or right back," he says. "It's not my natural position. Everyone knows where I'm the best. But I can do if needed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.