27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I know I`m fucking old, but have I missed something with this lad ?
I keep seeing the word "attitude" and I don`t know why its being used. Can someone who has used this word please describe what they mean about the lad and his "attitude" and why Pep will have a problem with him ??
Its to do with when he went on strike at Wolves isn't it?

The lad literally sacrificed everything at the time to get here and some want to call him out for a bad attitude.

Its to do with when he went on strike at Wolves isn't it?

The lad literally sacrificed everything at the time to get here and some want to call him out for a bad attitude.
Ah yes I`d forgotten about that and yes how stupid can people be for calling him out.
I remember Franny Lee doing exactly the same at Bolton and even telling Bolton that he`d pack up football if they wouldn`t let him go to City.

There is so much shit being talked. Racism for gods sake.

1. Users on this forum are allowed to say what they see on this player performance thread
2. In every game he has played Nunes has reacted to misplaced passes/not being passed to/making the wrong run by having a little flounce. Someone mentioned Kev does the same. Yes he does but bloody hell he has earned the right once in a while. Nunes is still integrating into the dressing room. Thats on top of his 'strike'.
3. In every game he has played he has lost the ball carelessly on numerous occasions - so has Doku. However Doku has more than made up for that with his positive contribution.
4. Most get that he is new and still learning - that doesn't mean they cant comment on how they see him play. To date, i have a negative impression of him rather than a positive. That may well change based on his performances.

I think thats a reasonable stance to take

1. Users on this forum are allowed to say what they see on this player performance thread
2. In every game he has played Nunes has reacted to misplaced passes/not being passed to/making the wrong run by having a little flounce. Someone mentioned Kev does the same. Yes he does but bloody hell he has earned the right once in a while. Nunes is still integrating into the dressing room. Thats on top of his 'strike'.
3. In every game he has played he has lost the ball carelessly on numerous occasions - so has Doku. However Doku has more than made up for that with his positive contribution.
4. Most get that he is new and still learning - that doesn't mean they cant comment on how they see him play. To date, i have a negative impression of him rather than a positive. That may well change based on his performances.

I respect 1, 3, and 4. But with all due respect you have no idea, ZERO, of how he's perceived in the changing room, by his teammates, by Pep, etc. What if he's frustrated with himself? What if he's trying too hard too impress? You don't know and neither do I.

I respect 1, 3, and 4. But with all due respect you have no idea, ZERO, of how he's perceived in the changing room, by his teammates, by Pep, etc. What if he's frustrated with himself? What if he's trying too hard too impress? You don't know and neither do I.
I didn't claim to have any insight into what Pep or his fellow players think other than clearly he will still be integrating into the dressing room as will all the newbies. My comments are entirely what I have seen of his behaviours on the pitch. Frustrated with himself? then why wave your arms and gesticulate to other team mates? Hope he either learns to curb it or alternatively puts himself above criticism by his performances. I may prove wrong about him. Hope I am and he flourishes. If he does I will be the first to call out how wrong I was.

You might think about respecting others opinions even when they differ from yours rather than wave a racism card.

Own your fucking insinuations
If by my "insinuations" you are referring to my belief that there may be some posters who allow their own personal bias' to impact their feelings toward certain players then I most certainly do.

You seem to believe you represent the feelings of all our supporters. For the sake of keeping it real I never brought up "racism", Vanchi did in a response to me. I made it perfectly clear in my response to her that I was referring to a level of personal bias' which I personally don't hold to be the same as abject racism. You came at me aggressively and attempted to intimidate me which I didn't appreciate and let you know so...

Why do you find it impossible to believe that some of our supporters might let personal feelings get in the way of their player evaluations, good or bad? Just asking...

A voice of reason on BM at last.

I did initially think he had a bit of attitude (throwing his hands up), but I’ve reconsidered a bit. I think he is just a more emotional player than others - I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. I also think other players are similar - were just use to it because they’ve been here for longer. Jack is sometimes similar, to me anyway. Plus, some of the new signings seem almost emotionless (Kovacic is like a machine to me - also not a bad thing!) so maybe in comparison Nunes stands out.

Lastly, I do think it’s tough when you’re a new signing bedding in and your only starts are with a an XI that is more patched together than usual. He seems to have been in this scenario more than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.