27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It generally takes time for any of our new signings to make an impact. There's so much to learn. It was a horrific scenario to have to play two league games so early without Rodri and De Bruyne following Gundogan's departure. And it was no surprise Kovacic and Nunes struggled. Those games probably tarnish them slightly. But Kovacic was just back from an injury himself and Nunes is a lot more raw. Us fans want to see them bust a gut and work their arses off, but with a hefty lead, I'm sure Pep would rather them just keep things ticking and stay injury free. Bigger games to come and we'll need the squad.

Nunes is someone that I doubt we'll see the best of until next season, he's made a huge step up from Wolves. Doku is one of the few that have come in and instantly performed, but even he has a lot more to learn in his all round game before he's performing as Pep expects.

Dont see what that has got to do with it , if you are a new signing getting limited game time then you have to make an impression , he didnt , Oscar Bob was introduced and was pressing the opposition and created an assist.

Correct me if I'm wrong was it not Nunes that played Bobb in for the simple cross to Ake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.