27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can be a bit judgemental on here me included , would like to see him start a game in our strongest team in his favoured position and give him a full ninety minutes and maybe the penny will drop and his workrate will improve , i dont get any joy criticising our players but you do not get many chances in this squad and he has to take any opportunities with both hands/feet.
Phillips is in the same boat , when he has got some game time he has been underwhelming , when you come into the best football squad in the world it isnt always going to be difficult , only the cream rise to the top and play regularly.

He has done well with limited chances, under difficult circumstances. I don't understand people implying he is not good enough. He is. He has shown his raw ability and now just needs time to develop under Pep and gel in with the team. Happy days. I hope he gets 90 mins tonight.

I’m sorry but he isn’t going to play any game of note playing like that. The lad has clearly got talent, but I said it when we signed him he is the midfield version of Cancelo.

I’m sorry but he isn’t going to play any game of note playing like that. The lad has clearly got talent, but I said it when we signed him he is the midfield version of Cancelo.
Hmm. I thought he played really well most of the game. Some frustrating moments, sure, but he progressed the ball well and covered a lot of ground defensively tonight IMO.

Rough diamond. Brilliant burst of pace, good link up and seems to see passes well enough but there’s also something missing at the minute.

I don’t think he has the ‘pausa’ that we’re used to. Not necessarily a bad thing, though, but means he won’t play in games where control is the main objective. Which, under Pep, is 99%…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.