27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's been fine. He could be a bit tighter round the box but he's technically adept and looks like he generally understands what Pep wants from him. A few creases that need ironing out, but at the very least he's a technically gifted CM who will allow us to give Rodri a bit of a rest on occasion. Won the penalty last night with a great bit of skill and moved the ball around quickly in deeper positions. I'm not really taking to him emotionally so far - he doesn't quite feel like a City player yet in the way Doku and Gvardiol do - but that'll come with time.

almost comes across nervous to me - a bit hesitant at times and not quite as comfortable on the ball as his skillset would allow him to be. No doubt he'll settle down and we'll see him start to ramp up quick

His positioning and movement are impeccable. Decision making on the other hand can use some refinement. He moves into advantageous positions effortlessly. He like Erling just needs more quick early releases by teammates to take advantage of their movements.
pretty much what i was going to say, he was a bit frustrating last night, but also excellent, hes just that level away from becoming a player that has a huge impact, although he was very involved and played very well, this time next year i can see him becoming a fans favorite and more importantly hugely important for us.

I think he'll be a great player for us but just needs some polishing in terms of decision making. Right now he gives the ball away too frequently but will improve over time.

The criticism feels very over the top. He won the most duels last night, progresses the ball well and I think is a good passer in the opposition half. Needs to tighten up in our half though.

i can see him becoming a fans favorite and more importantly hugely important for us.

Well, I wouldn't quite go that far at this point. Leastways, I can't see it up the road. What I can see is skil. He's also not phased when he's in a crowd of opposition players. As for how he looks, well, everybody doesn't have to be running around smiling, as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.