27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be harsh, but I think he is one of the least intelligent players on the pitch. He has some good attributes in his physicality and dribbling, but I don't think his decision making, positioning or tactical awareness will ever be goo enough for our team.
His positioning and movement are impeccable. Decision making on the other hand can use some refinement. He moves into advantageous positions effortlessly. He like Erling just needs more quick early releases by teammates to take advantage of their movements.

Some positives nice skill to draw the penalty and a good surging run from deep. However he will be disappointed he didn't do more against poor opposition with 10 men for a significant period. He got the lowest City player rating in both City Xtra and BBC player scores. He's trying hard to make an individual impression, he needs to show more composure in his shooting, passing and decision making.

Not going to slate him but think I'm expecting more TBH. Could be another Kalvin Philips type transfer.

Not going to slate him but think I'm expecting more TBH. Could be another Kalvin Philips type transfer.

I don't know. Pep gives him more game time already, which seems like he sees some real potential there and I think he can be a good player for us if that's the case.

The Phillips one just hasn't seemed to work out from day one.

I don't know. Pep gives him more game time already, which seems like he sees some real potential there and I think he can be a good player for us if that's the case.

The Phillips one just hasn't seemed to work out from day one.
Agree with you. He gave Philips chances at the start as well though. Lets hope its another Grealish/Rodri/Sterling binding in time solution. Those didn't turn out too bad after bad starts.

Some decent touches but looked a bit short of class at times.
What concerns me with buying him is the opportunity cost of not signing say a Paquetta who.looks an entirely different level so in that way it's blocking another very good player from.coming in.
Makes me wonder if he might be a stop gap.signing who moves on in a year or two. Would be delighted to see him blossom but got a lot to do imo

I still don't see anything more than I saw at Wolves - a jack of all trades and master of none. Strong, quick, technically excellent but tends to take too many touches and lacks a final ball. The basic attributes are there and in time I think he can be a very good player for us.

Was better than previous games but still a way to go. The boy has some skill for sure but isn't yet at a standard to match our need for quick accurate passes into feet of player who is marked. Too slow sometimes, gives the ball away others. Shame he didn't slot his chance as it would have helped his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.