27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future top players for us would be the academy boys. We buy what are supposed to be close to the finished article. This lad is nowhere near that. A baffling purchase.
The academy boys are mostly there to be sold, so we can make a profit and buy the best talent in the world. We have seen it in the last 15 years or so. At the end of the day, in such a long time, only Phil and Rico made it with us properly.

Around 90%+ of our team is built from players who were young and extremely talented (thus, established in some good, but not quite top teams) when we signed them, and then we turned them into world-class players. I think Nunes will join the list, and in a year from now, he will be a starter for us. The only genuinely established, world-class player we have signed in the last few years is Haaland. Nevertheless, he still fits the profile of a young, extremely talented lad, though.

Last edited:
The academy boys are mostly there to be sold, so we can make a profit and buy the best talent in the world. We have seen it in the last 15 years or so. At the end of the day, in such a long time, only Phil and Rico made it with us properly.

Around 90%+ of our team is built from players who were young and extremely talented (thus, established in some good, but not quite top teams) when we signed them, and then we turned them into world-class players. I think Nunes will join the list, and in a year from now, he will be a starter for us. The only genuinely established, world-class player we have signed in the last few years is Haaland. Nevertheless, he still fits the profile of a young, extremely talented lad, though.
He is 25, hardly a young player

He is 25, hardly a young player
He is a few months younger than Nathan Ake was when he first joined us. He is not in his early twenties, but he can still improve significantly. Hardly an old player. He has at least another 8 years at the top level. I just think we need to give him time. In my opinion, he has shown signs of raw ability, so Pep has something to work with.

Future top players for us would be the academy boys. We buy what are supposed to be close to the finished article. This lad is nowhere near that. A baffling purchase.

Sorry can't get on board with that. We buy players who are good but Pep then takes them to another level. Not one signing has come in and stood still progression-wise under Pep and that's why he's the best in the world.

Sorry can't get on board with that. We buy players who are good but Pep then takes them to another level. Not one signing has come in and stood still progression-wise under Pep and that's why he's the best in the world.

Wasting your time with the OP @skillman as he's the most negative and miserable fucker with regard to his opinions of our players and team.

Last edited:
Who was the last player we bought who was close to the finished article, aside from Haaland who is literally world class?

Theres been a few poor buys over the last 2/3 seasons in fairness.
No, I'm asking you to let us know of these players who are close to the finished article, as you said that's the kind of player we buy.

I don't think we do tend to buy players close to the finished article, and can't think of the last player we bought who fitted that mould.

We buy players who we believe will specifically fit into the style of football that we play, and who are also good characters. I'd be amazed if Nunes doesn't fit that mould within a year, but will need some patience for now.

Alvarez, Akanji, Ake are prime examples of players who were deemed to be able to develop into the above category and have largely delivered.

I've not mentioned Gvardiol, Doku and Kovacic, as they haven't been here long enough to judge, but another 12 months will show us where they are.

Nunes will probably end up in the Ake and Akanji bracket, where they will be solid squad players and no more, and that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.