27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be gone in the summer, a stop gap signing who we'll probably get our money back for. It was an odd signing and smacked of just getting someone over the line after the paqueta debacle

Look forward to him balling out. I get a Yaya Toure vibe about him. An immensely talented player that fans will take a while before they start liking him.

He will be the next Yaya Toure or Ilkay Gundogan... Many forget now how despised those 2 were at the beginning of their time at City... Constant whining about how they weren't good enough. Only for both to leave as legends and folks to whine about how we are going to replace them.

History will repeat itself again... Just give it time :)
wow... I also think he will come good but to suggest he will get anywhere near toure levels? doubt that personally. yaya was an absolute specimen. atheltisism, technique and strength on the highest level.

Look forward to him balling out. I get a Yaya Toure vibe about him. An immensely talented player that fans will take a while before they start liking him.

He will be the next Yaya Toure or Ilkay Gundogan... Many forget now how despised those 2 were at the beginning of their time at City... Constant whining about how they weren't good enough. Only for both to leave as legends and folks to whine about how we are going to replace them.

Both of those were intrinsic parks of genuinely top teams before joining us though. Could you say the same about Nunes? Was he a world beater for Wolves?

Don’t get me wrong, I hope you’re right.

wow... I also think he will come good but to suggest he will get anywhere near toure levels? doubt that personally. yaya was an absolute specimen. atheltisism, technique and strength on the highest level.
Where did you get the impression that I claimed he'd get anywhere near Toure levels? I think he is talented enough that he would do well. The comparison to Toure and Gundogan is in how disliked they are in their first season. And the claim about having a Yaya vibe comes from how he turns and runs with the ball.

This. Give this lad a chance, ffs. He has just joined us, had no pre-season, and suffered some injury setbacks. Pep once famously said he is one of the best players in the world. I know he has backtracked on that statement since, but Pep has been a fan of his for years now. Give him time. He has shown glimpses of a high ceiling. He is raw, though.

Haha come on are you seriously comparing him to YaYa, the greatest Premier league player ever on his day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.