27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. If de Bruyne plays up the park, then Haaland will benefit from the attacking passes, but de Bruyne often finds himself around our box when play is stretched and breaks down, but he doesn't have the legs anymore to carry it to the other box. It's in those situations that I think we'll see Nunes excel. When Bernardo scored his second against Bournemouth, I was struck by just how quickly Nunes got up the park in support, so I think that will be a potent threat in games late on.
That's a good observation.
I am just not sure, where he'll play and how many minutes when Debruyne is back.

That's a good observation.
I am just not sure, where he'll play and how many minutes when Debruyne is back.
As I mentioned in #677 above, I expect him to get game time in the coming weeks before de Bruyne returns, and then to become a prominent substitute from the 60th minute onwards in bigger games. Of our current midfield crop, along with Rodri, he strikes me as the one with the legs to get both up and down between the boxes, and he's likely faster. It's probably because we have only seen fleeting glimpses of him that we don't yet appreciate what he might bring. People may have been expecting a sitter, but I suspect he might operate differently.

The lad certainly has plenty of ability and potential. Talk of him being like Kalvin look way off the mark.
Yes agreed, you can see glimpses of why we bought him.

The way he moves with the ball at his feet is effortless.

Just needs to drop the mardiness with team mates, as that isn't who we are.

Show some flash of brilliance in that match.

Hopefully there's no injury to hinder his progression and he badly needed to get more minutes to perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.