3 Months to lose the belly …

I’ve done a big list - 1-100 days
Along the top ‘no alcohol/no fizzy/no takeaways/ crisps/sweets/run at least 15 mins/weights+sit ups’

Gonna tick (hopefully) underneath each box every night

Have you considered a bit of swimming? Really helped me to lose weight quickly before I got to the stage I'd lost enough weight to start "couch to 5k" without damaging my knees
It's great on hot days like today too when any other form of exercise is close to impossible.

Have you considered a bit of swimming? Really helped me to lose weight quickly before I got to the stage I'd lost enough weight to start "couch to 5k" without damaging my knees
It's great on hot days like today too when any other form of exercise is close to impossible.

I love swimming more than anything- but my gym doesn’t have a pool and it’s hard to get booked anywhere round where I live - will try and look though

I love swimming more than anything- but my gym doesn’t have a pool and it’s hard to get booked anywhere round where I live - will try and look though

I had the same issues initially, especially as I started swimming as lockdown ended.
Most of the leisure centre owning groups have booking apps, and I find the "Better" app to be the best when I'm booking swims when visiting Manchester & elsewhere in the country.

Quote Reply

Ignore all the people telling you to cut certain things out or eat between certain times, you will lose weight but 100% will put it back on as it is not sustainable. Like many said, track your calories but eat what you want as long as it fits in with the average target over a week.

The average male needs 2,500 calories to maintain weight so aim below that. Do at least 10k steps a day and try and get in the gym 3/4 times a week doing weights. Eat plenty of protein and fibre in your calories and the weight will start to drop and importantly, it’s sustainable long term. Diets are a short term fix, lifestyle change is permanent.

I’ve done a big list - 1-100 days
Along the top ‘no alcohol/no fizzy/no takeaways/ crisps/sweets/run at least 15 mins/weights+sit ups’

Gonna tick (hopefully) underneath each box every night

You can have all those things as long as you compensate at other times during the week. If you try to go to extreme it’s highly likely you will binge. You can still have the things you like, just in moderation and not every day!

Ignore all the people telling you to cut certain things out or eat between certain times, you will lose weight but 100% will put it back on as it is not sustainable. Like many said, track your calories but eat what you want as long as it fits in with the average target over a week.

The average male needs 2,500 calories to maintain weight so aim below that. Do at least 10k steps a day and try and get in the gym 3/4 times a week doing weights. Eat plenty of protein and fibre in your calories and the weight will start to drop and importantly, it’s sustainable long term. Diets are a short term fix, lifestyle change is permanent.

I’ve appreciated all the advice and taken a lot on board - I did look into intermittent diet and other ideas like that - but think the general rule is to keep it basic

Today I had

Morning - Greek Yogurt and a banana
Lunch - Ham salad roll and grapes
Dinner - Salmon, Pasta and Veg

Water being my only drink

Did a run and done some weights this evening

Will do the same routine for the next 92 days

- I will probably find going without Fizzy drink the hardest and no alcohol at social events

I’ve appreciated all the advice and taken a lot on board - I did look into intermittent diet and other ideas like that - but think the general rule is to keep it basic

Today I had

Morning - Greek Yogurt and a banana
Lunch - Ham salad roll and grapes
Dinner - Salmon, Pasta and Veg

Water being my only drink

Did a run and done some weights this evening

Will do the same routine for the next 92 days

- I will probably find going without Fizzy drink the hardest and no alcohol at social events
I’ve resurrected my Sodastream for the fizzy stuff, just water though - although I’m having a crafty bottle of Jennings Cumberland ale at the moment as had 367cals left to use up and it’s only 165 a bottle. I’m using the Nutracheck app to track calories and it’s pretty useful. There are other apps of course. So far, 10lb lost in three weeks, over half way there. Have dropped an inch in waist size already.

Should have done this years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.