31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
that mendy guy was pretty decent as well I have to say

Chelsea's Mendy is an extremely good shot stopper from what I've seen and I'm sure has been a big reason why Chelsea have conceded so few goals. He's nowhere near as good at distribution though as Eddie, who I don't rate as the very very best of shot stoppers but who is the best I've ever seen at distribution and possibly in the sweeper keeper role.

Eddie was outstanding though in all that he was required to do from a pure goal-keeping point of view v Chelsea. He is probably the best fit for City as far as keepers go.

One thing that really makes me appreciate Ederson is watching other teams play and noticing the amount of times other goalkeepers don't come racing out of their goal and sweep up balls in behind. The amount of dangerous situations that we don't end up facing because Ederson reads it and deals with it is a huge part of our defensive solidity

Takes a lot of minerals to be on the front foot the way Ederson plays. Such an underrated aspect of his game the starting position and being able to mop up almost things over the top. Got clattered as well which is all part of his role.

Should he have saved the Messi goal?

Watching it live in real time it looked like Messi had put it top corner, similar to the goal he scored against Arsenal years back. However on one of the replays it looks like it went kind of centralish?

Should he have saved the Messi goal?

Watching it live in real time it looked like Messi had put it top corner, similar to the goal he scored against Arsenal years back. However on one of the replays it looks like it went kind of centralish?
No chance at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.