31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never fails to produce the morons. Go watch salahs shot in real time not in super slow motion if you think he should be saving that. Nobody's saying Allison should have saved Fodens goal and that was a much easier save to make.

Ederson was a huge reason why Liverpool couldn't press like they did in the first 10 minutes. The very second ederson pinged a 80 yard ball to the feet of Foden clean through, Liverpool immediately stopped the intense press that was preventing us from getting out of our half and we instantly get control of the game. All of that is because ederson exists. He still did it a few times even when they dropped too that should really have resulted in a goal and assist for him.

The fact his name on the team sheet automatically makes us invulnerable to the high press is just taken for granted now and he never gets credit for it. Had no chance with the goals no matter what the few goalkeeping experts on here say, commanded his box superbly, got everything right coming out of his area, came for every single ball into his box which is a huge part of liverpools game and a major source of goals for them and got everything until that one mistake at the end. Got lucky with that no doubt but his stats for commanding his area are by far and away better than anybody else in the league so he earned that one.

Never fails to produce the morons. Go watch salahs shot in real time not in super slow motion if you think he should be saving that. Nobody's saying Allison should have saved Fodens goal and that was a much easier save to make.

Ederson was a huge reason why Liverpool couldn't press like they did in the first 10 minutes. The very second ederson pinged a 80 yard ball to the feet of Foden clean through, Liverpool immediately stopped the intense press that was preventing us from getting out of our half and we instantly get control of the game. All of that is because ederson exists. He still did it a few times even when they dropped too that should really have resulted in a goal and assist for him.

The fact his name on the team sheet automatically makes us invulnerable to the high press is just taken for granted now and he never gets credit for it. Had no chance with the goals no matter what the few goalkeeping experts on here say, commanded his box superbly, got everything right coming out of his area, came for every single ball into his box which is a huge part of liverpools game and a major source of goals for them and got everything until that one mistake at the end. Got lucky with that no doubt but his stats for commanding his area are by far and away better than anybody else in the league so he earned that one.
Foden's is much harder, if ou don't think is much harder then you have never GK in your life. First it's on the floor so the GK needs time to lower completely his center of gravity (the time it takes for this, the ball is already passed the GK, the only possible way to stop is with the leg and it would be an AMAZING SAVE), and second Foden had more possibilities in where to shoot the ball, so where GK should move and position is much harder. Salah only had one.

If you think he doesn't get credit for his abilities you are blind. Everyone knows that Ederson is a top 3 GK for City. I have never ever seen someone say otherwise. Whoever says that is blind. As blind as someone who thinks Ederson is an elite shotstopper.

Foden's is much harder, if ou don't think is much harder then you have never GK in your life. First it's on the floor so the GK needs time to lower completely his center of gravity (the time it takes for this, the ball is already passed the GK, the only possible way to stop is with the leg and it would be an AMAZING SAVE), and second Foden had more possibilities in where to shoot the ball, so where GK should move and position is much harder. Salah only had one.

If you think he doesn't get credit for his abilities you are blind. Everyone knows that Ederson is a top 3 GK for City. I have never ever seen someone say otherwise. Whoever says that is blind. As blind as someone who thinks Ederson is an elite shotstopper.
Yo haven’t -payed in goal either have you

I'm not going to be the classic Internet "I know everything because I once played in net during a kick about on my local park" guy because that would be bollocks but just be assured whilst I'd never claim to be an expert, my childhood means I know at least the fundamentals of goalkeeping.

Granted I haven't seen much by way of TV replays yet but seeing it live foden actually pushed it too wide in truth, he gave the keeper plenty of time to close down the angle and crucially set himself whilst limiting his scoring options considerably. I'm not for a second suggesting Alisson should be saving it, it was pinpoint from foden, a magic goal I was simply making the point that that was a more savable shot than Salahs who lashed it in with little back lift into the inside of the netting giving ederson zero reaction time. All he could do was play the percentages, close the angle and throw himself out and hope it hits him whilst assuring he doesn't get beat at his near post. he did everything that can be expected for both goals and a hell of a lot more as I already explained during the game that enabled us to take a point today.

I'm not going to be the classic Internet "I know everything because I once played in net during a kick about on my local park" guy because that would be bollocks but just be assured whilst I'd never claim to be an expert, my childhood means I know at least the fundamentals of goalkeeping.

Granted I haven't seen much by way of TV replays yet but seeing it live foden actually pushed it too wide in truth, he gave the keeper plenty of time to close down the angle and crucially set himself whilst limiting his scoring options considerably. I'm not for a second suggesting Alisson should be saving it, it was pinpoint from foden, a magic goal I was simply making the point that that was a more savable shot than Salahs who lashed it in with little back lift into the inside of the netting giving ederson zero reaction time. All he could do was play the percentages, close the angle and throw himself out and hope it hits him whilst assuring he doesn't get beat at his near post. he did everything that can be expected for both goals and a hell of a lot more as I already explained during the game that enabled us to take a point today.
I agree in a lot of aspects, and I like Ederson, and we are lucky to have him. And I am not saying Salah's goal was a mistake by Ederson, but it was stoppable. It's one of those that an elite shotstopper would stop 1/4 times. If it's goal, no big deal, but I never see Ederson stopping something like that, and it's frustrating because I feel he has the talent to.

What if Fabinho scores the goal? I feel people are too defensive about Ederson. Some people never say: oh he could've done better.

I agree in a lot of aspects, and I like Ederson, and we are lucky to have him. And I am not saying Salah's goal was a mistake by Ederson, but it was stoppable. It's one of those that an elite shotstopper would stop 1/4 times. If it's goal, no big deal, but I never see Ederson stopping something like that, and it's frustrating because I feel he has the talent to.

What if Fabinho scores the goal? I feel people are too defensive about Ederson. Some people never say: oh he could've done better.

It's stoppable in the sense that similar shots have been saved before but nobody in the coaching staff is watching that back and thinking he could have saved that. whether he saved that or not was just down to luck, all he could do was exactly what he did, cover his near post, make them go across, narrow the angle and spread himself. If he saves that it's simply because he spread himself differently, guessed correctly and it hit him such was the velocity it was hit at.

Ederson makes plenty of saves, whilst I'm not a big fan of stats in the game, most of them have very little context and are completely useless to us as fans with limited information, there's some actual meaningful stats that disprove this myth that he doesn't make saves and actually show he's one of the very best at it.

The fuck up at the end was a bad one, I'm not glossing over that, should have cost us the game but for some redemption heroics from Rodri. that shouldn't be happening but you have to look at the numbers when they do because nobody can be perfect all of the time. Ederson comes for absolutely everything, it's a major strength of his and very rarely messes up, only have to look to the other end of the pitch today, how many Alisson errors did we see last season from him yet many regard him as the best for some reason. with the frequency of him coming out for crosses and the same applies sweeping, it has to be accepted a small portion will be errors.

Superb performance. Was collecting and punching crosses all game, which gave him a bit of overconfidence where he made a blunder that nearly cost us the game, but that’s something to learn from. Don’t let half a dozen good catches and punches make you think you’re invincible on all crosses, pick your moments more wisely, especially late on.

Made a good save from Jota.

Made one of the finest passes I’ve ever seen in the sport today n’all. Maybe only bettered by some of his own previous passes.

What a keeper!

For anyone criticising him; watch all other keepers in the sport closely - they all make a multitude of crazy decisions and blunders all the time. And to be fair to all goalkeepers, they make a damn site fewer mistakes than strikers do!

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought his command of his area and distribution was top notch today. Clearly his error at the end wasn’t great but other then that I thought he had a very good game.

3 shots 2 goals. at least he saved the 1st one on target this week.
without doubt our weakest link.
people cant see past that hes great on the ball.
yes he can pass...yes he can (sometimes) command his area but shot stopping.....fuck me hes shocking.
people say he best in the world....fuck me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.