31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did, but in other matches the rebound could go to the opposition and score, in another match it could be an own goal, in another match it can create doubts in the defense…his reactions have been slow this season.

Watch a video of Ederson and Neuer and their technique in 1v1, and you can see a big difference. Of course, sometimes Ederson will save a 1v1, but his technique is not the best.

Again for me he is a top 3 GK for us, so I rate him highly, but I am not gonna say he saves us, because as a shot-stopper, we could have better. He is an integral part of the way we play, but he doesn’t save us that much.

Most GK have gotten better with their passing(Ederson natural talent is much higher still) but Ederson has barely improved in his shot-stopping abilities. And that’s a valid critic.
If you were born with wheels you would be a bike.

What creates doubt in a defense is a keeper that is glued to his line, has no technique in control of the ball and concedes a ton of chances. Ederson is none of these things.

He made two good saves. One was unauthodox but he saved it, it's a good save. Dropping a shot he should be catching before recovering it with zero consequence isn't a mistake, it's nothing. He made a solitary error that's not cost us anything other than his clean sheet, as you say, no big deal.
If you’re classing the one that went through him as the good save then it’s like saying they were good finishes by Foden. That was truly awful keeping as a routine shot luckily bounced over the bar. Wasn’t unorthodox just poor.

What a load of nonsense.

"Rarely makes saves and chocolate wrists."

Ive read somethings on this forum in the years ive been here but that is right up there.
I meant great saves not as in he’s never saved a few shots. I don’t really give a fuck I like watching him play, he suits our style and thankfully rarely gets exposed due to our great side and defence. He’s almost like a cult on here though to sum as people refuse to see he’s nothing special as an actual shot stopper and on one on ones he’s nowhere near the likes of Alisson, Kasper, prime Hart and even prime De Gea.

Today there were 2 shots that a top GK would easily catch, and he barely blocked them. Another shot to the body and it almost went under his arm, a top GK deflects it to the corner with no problem.

Ederson is a great sweeper, a great passer and great with high balls. He is an average shot-stopper and below average on 1v1. I don’t get why people fight about this, when it’s really clear. Luckily for us, Ederson is a top 3 GK even with his limitations. But for most teams, Ederson would not be a top 10 GK, and it’s okay, the only thing that matters is that he is important for us.
Made me laugh

This thread always brings the absolute weirdos to the fore.

Best keeper we could possibly have. Other keepers may or may not have slight advantages in certain parts of their game but for the all round player we need between the sticks there is nobody better on the planet.

Those looking for things to complain about will never get it at this point so best leaving them stuck in the past when keepers were there just to stop the ball going in the net.

His decision making can be iffy. Irrespective of the missed offside call, he had no business charging out at the Brighton forward, who was no threat to our goal. And it's not the first time Eddy's been guilty of that in his time with us. He's still the best keeper in the PL for our type of game, though. Wouldn't swap him for any other keeper out there.

If you’re classing the one that went through him as the good save then it’s like saying they were good finishes by Foden. That was truly awful keeping as a routine shot luckily bounced over the bar. Wasn’t unorthodox just poor.
on reflection it was a poor choice of words on my part, I agree it wasn't great goalkeeping but you have to liken it to a shit penalty that somehow went in, doesn't matter how poor the technique was because it ended up in the net, with ederson it doesn't matter how it happened, it didn't go in thanks to him so its a good save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.