34 years on and it’s still 5-1

Still annoys me to this day that MOTD always showed Hughes goal(which to be fair was a cracker) and never hinchcliffes header which finished off the rags.

North Stand, block N, row 24, seat 7, my first season ticket, I’ll never forget that day.

Stood in the Kippax that fateful day. It was bedlam. Dont remember if this was one of those "all ticket" matches or not but went with my good mate Mick. mick and I had become "pen friends" back in the day when I first started supporting City form America back in the late 70's if you can believe it. This was also when there was absolutely no coverage in America of the then English first division. Wasnt easy supporting the City back then.

Funnily enough this was my SECOND game stood on the Kippax. First was end of August 1982 when I first went to Europe. A rather drab 1-0 win over Stoke with David Cross scoring the only goal. I spent some of the summer traveling Europe and spent 4 months "studying" in Spain-Salamanca to be exact. Remember going to Madrid one weekend and somehow got into the Bernebeu to see Maradonas Barcelona turn over Real. Fabulous.

Also remembered when Hughes scored to make it 3-1 I got this feeling of impending doom. Thankfully, it wasnt to be. Going out on the town afterwards I thought this was a fairly common occurrence for Derbies.....how naïve I was!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.