34 years on and it’s still 5-1

What a glorious 28th birthday present that was for my brother

Brilliant day. Like many blues, Ithought we'd get battered and actually felt a sense of relief thinking the game might be abandoned after the trouble in the North Stand (silly me!).
As others have said, massive celebrations on the Kippax when we scored( with that Bournemouth game fresh in the memory I only really felt confident when that fifth one went in though of I'm honest)
The away fans took it well didn't they! Weren't many left at Full time. One rather bitter Rag was in the social club after the game with his brother in law, started having a go at me because of my long hair (was well into my Heavy Rock back then) Just smiled smugly, walked away but felt a bit sorry for his brother law who he no doubt would start on later!
Along with the 10:1, will always be in my top 10 City games, no matter how good we are now. Did we 'dine out' on the result too much at the time ? perhaps! but there weren't many such moments in those days!
Funnily enough I personally thought we probably outplayed them more the following season when we were totally in control but somehow fucked up a 3:1 lead (and almost lost!) but it was certainly our day on the day of 'The Maine Road Massacre'!!

That big lad with the flat top and glasses celebrating the 5th has always been a vison stuck in my my mind when I think of this game, does he post on here ? anyone know who he is ?

The sheer bedlam in the kippax when the second goal went in. It was feral, bloodcurdling and absolutely glorious! Don’t think I’ve ever felt anything like that before or since.
Was already 30 yards from my mates after the first one went in - big surge when Lakey shot then I shit you not the ground shook when Trev bundled it in.

Watch the TV clip - always spot the bloke with his kid sat on a bench in front of the North Stand for some reason - both go mad when the 2nd goes in..

Happy anniversary folks on a legendary day.
14 years old at the time and stood on the kippax, this one will always be special.

This was my first ever city match.

I still have a scar on the back of my head from a coin thrown from the away end (have another from another cowardly projectile later in life, as well).

I will never forget that day—it was when my sky blue journey began.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.