4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We took a risk. As we did with Roque Santa Cruz, Rodwell, Jovetic, etc. Sometimes things just don’t work out as well as it obviously has with Gundogan.

I sincerely hope things work out with Phillips, as well. But I am trying to provide context as to why this latest shoulder injury is more concerning than merely a random knock in a friendly.

And i still maintain that Gundo have a way worse injury history than Philips, i thought he wouldn't last a season back then when we bought him from dortmund and hearing his career ending injury news.

I thought moving him into more physical league is very bad idea and yet he mostly fine and become an important player for our team for many seasons.

We don't know what future lies for Philips but i hope it will be leaning into Gundo cases rather than what you mentioned above.

It’s not his entire injury history, it’s his shoulder injury history.

This would be his fourth shoulder injury in as many years and this one was under very little contact, which is indicative of weakness after repeated injury and surgery.

A mate of mine actually has a similar issue — after several dislocations and surgery meant to correct the issue a few years ago, he now has to be very careful, as he can pop his arm out of socket doing fairly mundane things. He actually just dislocated it the other day mowing his lawn.

It's probably why there's a buy back for Lavia too.

And no guarantee it will actually fix the underlying issues, as my mate (see above) can attest to, unfortunately.

Yep,I was speaking from personal experience myself.

We took a risk. As we did with Roque Santa Cruz, Rodwell, Jovetic, etc. Sometimes things just don’t work out as well as it obviously has with Gundogan.

I sincerely hope things work out with Phillips, as well. But I am trying to provide context as to why this latest shoulder injury is more concerning than merely a random knock in a friendly.
That's one very expensive risk

It’s not his entire injury history, it’s his shoulder injury history.

This would be his fourth shoulder injury in as many years and this one was under very little contact, which is indicative of weakness after repeated injury and surgery.

A mate of mine actually has a similar issue — after several dislocations and surgery meant to correct the issue a few years ago, he now has to be very careful, as he can pop his arm out of socket doing fairly mundane things. He actually just dislocated it the other day mowing his lawn.
You don't need the whole arm for that, just the wrist and a loosely clenched fist

Last edited:
Unlucky with injuries at the moment , he needs a couple of injury free games to get his season started , just hope he doesnt become another John Stones who has never been able to stay injury free , always a niggling injury just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.