4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can deny Kev, Gundo and Berny have all had poor to medium seasons form wise be it sitting deep or in a more advanced role.

Maybe it is time Philips was given a real chance as he can play deep or more forward and at present relying on the hope one of the other 3 hit form has been hamstringing our attacj I feel

Also if Pep is insisitng on 3 at the back and someone sitting along side rodri then Phillips over Lewis a full back needs to be considered

And this isb't a knock at Lewis who has beeen great.

The last time Phillips started he was genuinely awful v Southampton.

Didn't want the ball, hiding behind the opposition, looked off the pace and didn't show any authority at all.

I definitely wouldn't be starting him anytime soon.

Hes not the answer to any of our problems, was a huge "meh" signing for me

105m of PL football, yet 'fans' are throwing him to the wolves. It really is a nonsense- we have not had the time to judge him - he has not had the chance to prove himself - and he definitely hasn't had the opportunity to become familiar with teammates nor patterns of play. I cannot understand how or why supporters are saying negative things about him.

Not good enough.

Our recruitment has been poor in parts over the last few years.

What top European club would sign someone like Phillips?

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes but if he was deemed good enough today was the perfect game for him.

I don’t have high hopes for this lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.