4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time Phillips started he was genuinely awful v Southampton.

Didn't want the ball, hiding behind the opposition, looked off the pace and didn't show any authority at all.

I definitely wouldn't be starting him anytime soon.

That’s incredibly harsh. He’s just come back from injury and hasn’t played in months. What were you expecting?

Chances are it will take him time to get up to speed

He needs to get minutes somewhere or else we risk Rodri getting injured or being burn't out at the most important part of the season.
I thought Rodri looked tired today and the sloppy pass for their goal aside, wasn't anywhere near his best all game.

That’s incredibly harsh. He’s just come back from injury and hasn’t played in months. What were you expecting?

Chances are it will take him time to get up to speed

At the very least I expect a central midfielder that represents this football club to show for the ball and be brave.

In a Pep team you can't have midfielders that hide behind the ball and clearly don't want it, similar to Mctominay over at the swamp.

Maybe though it’s time to give him a proper run in the side rather than a few minutes here and there. Not sure he is ready to start as the six but maybe as a pair of defensive midfielders with rodri

As much as I love Bernardo it’s obvious he doesn’t want to be here. Give Phillips a proper go and see what happens. Sink or swim time. The squad is small and we don’t have much room to change things around.

Not good enough.

Our recruitment has been poor in parts over the last few years.

What top European club would sign someone like Phillips?
he was signed as a back up its not a big issue as being made out.

Maybe though it’s time to give him a proper run in the side rather than a few minutes here and there. Not sure he is ready to start as the six but maybe as a pair of defensive midfielders with rodri

As much as I love Bernardo it’s obvious he doesn’t want to be here. Give Phillips a proper go and see what happens. Sink or swim time. The squad is small and we don’t have much room to change things around.
i agree, i dont see an issue with trying it. Nothing else seems to be working and it stops the inverted stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.