4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what he won,he was utter wank for us.

For my sins, I had a long chat with everyone's favourite scallyrag, Michael Owen about 8/9 years ago, about all things football.

I mentioned Javi Garcia, who was coming through the ranks at Real when Owen was there. Owen laughed and said that Javi was seen as a joke player by the Real squad. Definitely not a Galactico.

He saw, Javi as the Real equivalent of Tottenham's Des Walker... A player who had fluked his way through the youth system who no-one ever thought would make it, but suddenly became a big success at a major club. In Des's case, Forest.

Personally, I think Javi Garcia was very underrated at City, and would probably have been a much better player had he been here under Pep Guardiola. (I'd say pretty much the same about Fernando tbh)

Having mentioned little Michael, I'm now going to wash my hands and disinfect my keyboard.

He was garbage again. Totally lacking mobility and recovery speed.

Gets eased off the ball far too easily as well. Feel sorry for the lad he sticks out like a sore thumb in this team but realistically it was always going to happen these types of signing don't work.

Hopefully we can recoup the majority of the money back in the summer.
An opinion is like an ......., everybody has one.

That is as far from the mark as those saying he 'is shit'. Criticism is allowed if its fair. I was glad to see him get 90 minutes yesterday particularly as we got a very good result. Folk can say what they see though and hope he gets better. My concern is how you give him the minutes he needs in matches that will be far tougher than yesterday.
Calling him shit, a flop, etc. is not anywhere near fair criticism. Its anything but. It comes across very poorly, like a bunch of dog piling, ignoramuses. Its allowed, anything is "allowed", I guess, but I hope he makes people eat their words, like many others have done. Shitting on a guy before he even gets a legitimate shot is such poor form.

He played very well. Please get of his back moaners. I wish that shot had gone in in the first minute.
I do wish that shot had gone in, as well. Would have done wonders for his confidence, especially the reaction of his teammates, which I am sure would have been immensely gratifying.

Hopefully he gets another chance to do it in the run-in.

Thought he was decent enough last night. Feel bad for the guy because Rodri at his best is the best in the world at gliding round the pitch knowing where the best place to be to receive a pass will be and where the danger will pop up. Kalvin was working hard to make him self available, but it clearly didn't come as naturally to him and didn't necessarily make the decision for the defender in quite the same way. Best to think of him as a singing in January still very early doors, I suppose, given his injury. Fingers crossed for him.

Calling him shit, a flop, etc. is not anywhere near fair criticism. Its anything but. It comes across very poorly, like a bunch of dog piling, ignoramuses. Its allowed, anything is "allowed", I guess, but I hope he makes people eat their words, like many others have done. Shitting on a guy before he even gets a legitimate shot is such poor form.
That is as far from the mark as those saying he 'is shit'.
Is what I said.
So you are agreeing with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.