4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye Bye Kalvin

He looks like he couldn't care less.
Tbh mate, I’m sure he does, his problem for me anyway, and I saw it at Leeds, is his lack of mobility, he has no pace let alone a change of one, although he may have broken out into a canter from a trot last night ;-).

He’s a nice lad I’m sure and I wish him no Ill will, he’ll do ok elsewhere, but I don’t think he has what we need, and I think Pep sees it now too, maybe Pep placed too much faith in Bielsa’s recommendation.

Tbh mate, I’m sure he does, his problem for me anyway, and I saw it at Leeds, is his lack of mobility, he has no pace let alone a change of one, although he may have broken out into a canter from a trot last night ;-).

He’s a nice lad I’m sure and I wish him no Ill will, he’ll do ok elsewhere, but I don’t think he has what we need, and I think Pep sees it now too, maybe Pep placed too much faith in Bielsa’s recommendation.

I'm only commenting based on what makes me tick.

If i was struggling to make an impact at a new club or im needing to make a good impression and wishing to prove to the manager that he hasn't wasted 40m......i'm taking every miniscule opportunity by the bollocks and i'm coming off the bench like a man possessed.

I'd have been demanding the ball,crunching into tackles,and running myself into the ground with desire and commitment.

I'm sure he's a lovely lad,always smiling and seems content,but i just see a bloke who doesn't really get what is needed from him,what is required here.....the penny doesn't appear to be dropping.

I'm only commenting based on what makes me tick.

If i was struggling to make an impact at a new club or im needing to make a good impression and wishing to prove to the manager that he hasn't wasted 40m......i'm taking every miniscule opportunity by the bollocks and i'm coming off the bench like a man possessed.

I'd have been demanding the ball,crunching into tackles,and running myself into the ground with desire and commitment.

I'm sure he's a lovely lad,always smiling and seems content,but i just see a bloke who doesn't really get what is needed from him,what is required here.....the penny doesn't appear to be dropping.
I understand what you say mate, I don’t think you get to be a pro footballer without having a decent amount of desire, but I think he may be one of those players where it doesn’t appear obvious, and because of his lack of mobility, he can’t get about and raise his energy levels and work rate to compensate like say Bernardo can, if that makes sense ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.