4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically sound, played some really nice passes. But...easy to dispossess and possibly the slowest midfielder I've seen, including Javi Garcia and Paul Bosvelt.

Rodri went at least half a season playing in a double-pivot alongside Fern to pick up some of the positional sense that was required. I don't think Phillips will get the chance to do that, if he's willing to stay till next season maybe some opportunities will open for him. As it is, he's really struggling with game time and when he's getting a small amount of time it just isn't enough to get him up to speed.

Either he definitely knows he is off or has a bad attitude. He didn’t even run when he came on, how is he ever going to get in the managers thoughts performing like that. Look at mahrez when he came on, he was like hey you left me out look what I can do, Phillips however came on and was the total opposite. Gomez is not very good but has got more about him than Phillips.
Until he came on I completely forgot we even signed Gomez.

Not often we make duff signings but these two I’ve just got a bad feeling about.

He needs to get stronger he had the ball and was easily eased out of the ball because he isn’t strong enough! He will get next year problem is Rodri he ain’t Fernandinho age when we bought him, so can’t see Phillips getting many starts again next season

his problem is playing with his back to the opposition. gets the ball taken off him, bullied and does not make himself available. with the ball he is doing great and playing with rhythm. but so was rodri and improved after one season. pep is the best person to improve philips if he wants to learn. his body position is what is causing him issues. need to be on the half turn while receiving and scan his surroundings.

How come some players are given time by blues but not others ? He has hardly played and in no rthymn at all, funny how people are so quick to shit on the boy

He's a good player who needs to play regularly. As long as Rodri stays fit, that's not going to happen.

Apart from his ridiculous wages, I feel sorry for the lad not getting the chance to play. He should have stayed at Leeds or moved elsewhere to develop his career.

Coming to City may well cost him his England place.

never seems to me like the guy is desperate to get out there and make an impression. Just sort of saunters about, passes mainly backwards, and gets dispossessed quite easily. Plays like he's pretty uninterested.

his problem is playing with his back to the opposition. gets the ball taken off him, bullied and does not make himself available. with the ball he is doing great and playing with rhythm. but so was rodri and improved after one season. pep is the best person to improve philips if he wants to learn. his body position is what is causing him issues. need to be on the half turn while receiving and scan his surroundings.
That's the part where Rodri is the master.

Still think with how few games/minutes he has we should still be reviewing him with an open mind.

It's pretty difficult to get up to speed of the aggressiveness he needs with so few minutes.

I think playing as an inverted RB is a great way to get him some minutes, but seems like even Stones is favoured there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.