4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A full England international, who suffered a dreadful injury just after he joined us and people have written him off.

Spoiled cunts.

never seems to me like the guy is desperate to get out there and make an impression.
Would you like him to star jumps in front of Pep as the game is going on? because no other player does that.
Just sort of saunters about
Do you really believe he would be allowed on the pitch by Pep if that is what he did?
, passes mainly backwards
So does Rodri sometimes, game management,
, and gets dispossessed quite easily.
He needs to regain his confidence, that is all.
Plays like he's pretty uninterested.
Posters used to say that about Yaya ffs.

Hasn’t played enough but was shocked how slow he was running back last night. Can’t see him being here next season. Such a huge gulf in class between him and Rodri

Now that Grealish is starting to fit in (though he obviously isn't doing quite enough just yet), and Rodri, Gundogan, Mahrez, Ake and others are no longer on the n'er do well list, the baton has passed. Come on down, Phillips and Gomez, you are next in line, joining Ian Bowyer, Raheem Sterling,Joe Corrigan and Richard Edghill in our honourable line up of anti-heroes, condemned within minutes of joining. You have the chance, next season, of beginning to be liked by some, never doing it, for others, depriving local heroes of a place in the team, or being lucky to be sent out on loan because you were never good enough in the first place. What an honour it must be.

Seriously, get a grip. Just support the player while he is with us. The criticism, at this point, is ridiculous for the minutes he has played. And, yes, I said EXACTLY the same things in the Rodri and Grealish threads because our own need supporting. Imagine if you turned up at a new job and two thirds of your colleagues condemned you from the beginning, sneered at your productivity and refused to acknowledge when you had done a good job. I bet you would feel really welcome and it would really help you to settle in and deliver your best, wouldn't it?

"Passes mainly sideways or backwards" is hands down the most braindead criticism of a player and I'm pretty sure I've seen it used for every player other than Kev at one point or another.

Reminds me of when I used to watch football with a mate who didn't know anything about the sport but would start losing his shit every time a player didn't sprint with the ball at their feet.

Trust Pep and Txiki

There is a reason they let the club spent +40 million on him

Let him start few games in a row then we can judge him.

Trust Pep and Txiki

There is a reason they let the club spent +40 million on him

Let him start few games in a row then we can judge him.
Indeed, though as we have seen, again and again, a full season of regular appearances is what many need in Pep's team to really blossom. He may, or may not, get that chance.

Hope he plays the England games. He clearly needs game time. Lets see how he is when he's got some proper minutes under his belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.