4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He generally does a steady enough job when he does play

But he never does anything to the point where I'm thinking i really want to see him on the pitch more

At his best he's a 7 out of 10 most games type player, which as a backup is perfectly acceptable. Liverpool would have been a better move for him if he wants to be starting most weeks as they are crying out for someone like him, a player with energy and can pick a pass.

The way he just stands behind an opposing player when we have the ball is weird, just doesnt give our player with the ball an out pass
Honestly don’t know if he’s a bit thick or just can’t see the big picture of being the defensive out pass and needing to make the angle…at least for the option.

His loping style makes him look a bit lazy, but he’s clearly not if he can be a star man under Bielsa.

Next season he needs to learn the system and stay fit, otherwise his City career will be over before it starts, especially considering he has a long contract.

Would not be surprised to see him used as a makeweight this summer, unless Pep is seeing significant improvement. Needs to step up in the minutes he’s given.

Was happy to see him get forward and have a crack again today, because he’s got that in his locker. Alas, that’s not his primary reason for being on the field.

He looks like he has to think twice where he should be and go, i think we've all seen with most players that they improve immensely after a season with us, his position is probably the most important in our side for build up and tempo, got to give the lad until the end of next season to judge him imo, pep will know, if we get rid in the summer then he was never going to make it with us

He looks like he has to think twice where he should be and go, i think we've all seen with most players that they improve immensely after a season with us, his position is probably the most important in our side for build up and tempo, got to give the lad until the end of next season to judge him imo, pep will know, if we get rid in the summer then he was never going to make it with us
He may very well improve but surely side to side movement to create an angle to accept a pass from your defenders is the most basic part of his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.