4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also seems really sluggish still. Initial intensity, but if he doesn't win the ball he is easily turned and then looks like a bus trying to turn and chase back.
That's because he hasn't played. He isn't match fit and it showed at times.

The game passed him by in the beginning, but he got better and could've scored and in the second half he battled well i thought.

I was pleasantly surprised how well he did.

He looked better in the second half last night because Italy were pinning England back, and so he only had to move around a 10 or 15 yard channel in front of the penalty area.

When he had to get around the pitch and press Italy in the first half, he struggled.

A lack of match fitness wouldn’t help, but he seems very one-paced and fundamentally lacking in the athleticism he will need to play consistently in our side.

I actually thought he did alright last night against a strong Italy midfield. He looked rusty at times but there's definitely a player there. Should have come off after 60 though but as always, Southgate took far too long to make the changes required.

Being linked with a return to Leeds and a move to the Hammers this morning which tells you the level he’s at. I did say he was a weird signing at the time and Lavia would prove a better bet in the long run. If we can anything close to what we paid for him then definitely get rid.

That's because he hasn't played. He isn't match fit and it showed at times.

The game passed him by in the beginning, but he got better and could've scored and in the second half he battled well i thought.

I was pleasantly surprised how well he did.
Any understudy to Rodri is going to face the same problem as Phillips lack of game time. KP's injury issues are well documented and obviously he didn't help himself at all by returning from the world cup overweight. I hope Phillips is given another season to prove himself as I still think there is a player in there.

Being linked with a return to Leeds and a move to the Hammers this morning which tells you the level he’s at. I did say he was a weird signing at the time and Lavia would prove a better bet in the long run.
And Lavia linked with a move to either Chelsea or Arsenal.
Seemingly our buyback clause only kicks in during 2024 so these clubs want to get a deal through before this.

Being linked with a return to Leeds and a move to the Hammers this morning which tells you the level he’s at. I did say he was a weird signing at the time and Lavia would prove a better bet in the long run. If we can anything close to what we paid for him then definitely get rid.
Agreed. We don't have time to mess around. Players have to hit the ground running at City. Look at Rico Lewis for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.