4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be thinking of Ake's first two seasons combined - remember this is season three at City.

His first season, he played the first few games, including the ridiculous 5-2 defeat to Leicester, and was then mostly injured till the last couple of months of the season.

Last year he wasn't injured at all, but still only played a bit part, appearing every few games - and only twice against teams in the top 8, and of course nearly left in the Summer.

Still, in terms of PL minutes, Phillips is about a week into his career at City, so even less to go on!
Wow I’ve honestly lost all concept of time since Covid started. I genuinely thought this was his second season!
Well, let’s hope it works out well for Phillips in the end. I was a big fan of him at Leeds, and I wanted us to sign him. I still think it will be hard to kick on from here though considering just how far off the standard he looks

One more little point on Phillips, because I don’t want to bash him too much but this is a point that I’ve been meaning to make since Rico Lewis came in to the team in January.

Phillips played RB many times for Leeds I believe, as well as playing CDM. Surely he would have been the ideal candidate to learn the inverted fullback role? I wonder if we might see that next season..

Most likely correct. But you just never know with Pep and a full preseason.
If he can't grasp it after a full season of instruction and training with Pep, I'm not sure what can be done in preseason to get the penny to drop.
I have been rooting for Kalvin all year, but this seems like a player too far for Pep to assimilate.

If he can't grasp it after a full season of instruction and training with Pep, I'm not sure what can be done in preseason to get the penny to drop.
I have been rooting for Kalvin all year, but this seems like a player too far for Pep to assimilate.
I think the damage was done when he came back "unfit" from the WC, that clearly pissed Pep and it looks like that has ended his career with us.

Philips is now clearly fit but if your not starting against Sheffield with the fixtures we have in the next month I simply can't see he has a future here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.