#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said at half time; potential Ballon d'Or winner.

Insane how important he's become to this team.

He gets better every single week and he looked at home in that false 9 position today. Don’t think he’s been at his best when he’s played there in the past but he looks like he’s starting to master it now. Knew when to drop deep and link up with the midfield, had loads of the ball and nearly got in behind and through on goal a couple of times.

Think he’ll be even better there when we put a runner alongside him in attack instead of both Grealish & Mahrez. Jesus obviously the go to at the moment but 17/18 Sterling would be the perfect option if that player still exists, sadly my hopes are fading by the week.

Anyway I think that false 9 position is Foden’s for the season now and as soon as he starts scoring there I reckon there’s a chance he won’t stop. Reminds me of a little Argentinian fella that started excelling there for Pep at a similar age ;). I’m probably getting ahead of myself. He’s so special though and he’s probably our best player in about 3 different positions at the moment. Wherever he plays he’ll stand out cos he’s fucking magic our Phil.

Brilliant player. Hate to see him on the end of so many hard tackles from CB's but comes with the job up top, I suppose.

Him dropping deep as a F9 means our wingers have space to run into. We saw Grealish and Mahrez inside over and over again. And Foden has the passing to find them and spaces in general.

It let's him learn the midfield role while also letting him be up top and play as a forward. Perfect position to force a player to improve in because it's so damn hard, that's why Foden looked weird there at the beginning last year but is now maybe our best F9 option.

I said around 3/4 years ago on here that he’ll be as good as Gazza..I might have underestimated him!

If, in 20 years, fans remember him for anything other than a few good England performances and a wealth of personal issues, he'll have easily surpassed Gascoigne.

I've never understood why people say "as good as Gascoigne" like it's a high bar when nobody even talks about Gazza anymore, and there's a whole wealth of English ex-players who are universally agreed to have been far, far better than him.

If, in 20 years, fans remember him for anything other than a few good England performances and a wealth of personal issues, he'll have easily surpassed Gascoigne.

I've never understood why people say "as good as Gascoigne" like it's a high bar when nobody even talks about Gazza anymore, and there's a whole wealth of English ex-players who are universally agreed to have been far, far better than him.
Plenty of English players achieved far far more than Gascoigne, but I can’t think of a single English player who was far far better than him if you’re talking on an individual talent basis, never mind a wealth of them. Which players are you on about bud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.