#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was great. Don't know why people keep saying he struggled. Had one run for the Cancelo cross that he missed. Other than that all his decisions were first rate for a striker. And at times he did things most strikers couldn't do coz he had the press and vision.

Can he be better at a different position? Sure. Was he good still? Very!!!

It was quite a silly move from Pep to play Phil on LW - for the first time since May :)

So, you play Grealish and Sterling and whoever comes to mind there since May except Foden and when you need to save the match, play the player - who didn't have practice to play there for 6 fucking months... :)

It shouldn't have worked and it didn't work.

PHIL NEEDS HIS STABLE AND PERMANENT PLACE IN THE TEAM...

It was quite a silly move from Pep to play Phil on LW - for the first time since May :)

So, you play Grealish and Sterling and whoever comes to mind there since May except Foden and when you need to save the match, play the player - who didn't have practice to play there for 6 fucking months... :)

It shouldn't have worked and it didn't work.

PHIL NEEDS HIS STABLE AND PERMANENT PLACE IN THE TEAM...
Agree with this tbh. Pep spent 18 months turning Foden into one of the world's best young wingers but has now decided he's going to play him centrally, then on the wing, and will no doubt be central again on Sunday.

Agree with this tbh. Pep spent 18 months turning Foden into one of the world's best young wingers but has now decided he's going to play him centrally, then on the wing, and will no doubt be central again on Sunday.
the long term plan was always to play Phil in the middle, no?

Personally, I want him in the middle and on/around the ball as much as possible as opposed to the wing(where he was no doubt fantastic)

the long term plan was always to play Phil in the middle, no?

Personally, I want him in the middle and on/around the ball as much as possible as opposed to the wing(where he was no doubt fantastic)

Yeah I think Sterling's poor form and Foden's early tendency to go full headless chicken resulted in Phil being put on the left for a while. He did exceptionally well there but I don't have any doubts that he'll be moved back into midfield and wouldn't be surprised if it happens sooner rather than later.

He is a far, far better winger then Sterling or anyone pep puts on the left and he deserves to play there. Or even false 9 where he’s always played well.

I don’t get why people like him in the midfield. He is a risk taker and adventurous in his play. He likes to take his man on, play quick one twos, actually pretty fast, and enjoys the space on the left. To me he is far better as a forward then a midfielder.

Peps biggest mistake is putting Sterling back in the line up and taking out foden. This is on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.