47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What people underestimate about Phil, or sometimes forget, I suppose, is that with his speed and touch he is able to get to and control passes that almost nobody else can deal with. He has the best first touch in football, particularly when you notice what he does at full speed. And he's one of those people that actually seems faster with the ball. He's nothing close to a Bernardo or Jack, who can putter around with the ball in possession for what seems like minutes at times. That's not Phil's thing. So yes, he is going to lose the ball sometimes, but in some cases the loss of the ball is due to him actually making contact with balls that nobody else would ever get to. Honestly, he's not best suited to our heavy possession gameplay, and it's in transition when you see him shine.

What people underestimate about Phil, or sometimes forget, I suppose, is that with his speed and touch he is able to get to and control passes that almost nobody else can deal with. He has the best first touch in football, particularly when you notice what he does at full speed. And he's one of those people that actually seems faster with the ball. He's nothing close to a Bernardo or Jack, who can putter around with the ball in possession for what seems like minutes at times. That's not Phil's thing. So yes, he is going to lose the ball sometimes, but in some cases the loss of the ball is due to him actually making contact with balls that nobody else would ever get to. Honestly, he's not best suited to our heavy possession gameplay, and it's in transition when you see him shine.
Best first touch in football is a bit over the top, ffs is much better for one

Only player who looked interested last night - basically carried the team.

Any decent England manager would be building the team around Phil and the other treble-winning City players. But while TwatGate’s obsession with Rashford, Henderson, Maguire and “Trent” continues, England won’t be winning anything.

It's 100% true and hard to understand as he's one of our own.

The reaction to Alvarez losing the ball compared to Phil is wildly different for whatever reason, for example.
Always been that way I understand. Home grown players get more stick for whatever reason.

Foden is one of the best footballers ive ever seen play the game.

He looked brilliant at 16 , even better now,despite diff playing posistions

He was our man of the match against Chelsea and wasnt even feeling 100% ,quite ill like other players,but still turned out and fought tooth and nail for City.Not the first time this season he hasn't been fully fit and been selected..

When we went down to 10 men against Forest it was he, who having already scored a brilliant opening goal, had to dig in for 45 mins and ran himself into the ground...ensuring the 3 pts were ours and covering for Rodris absence..A huge responsibility ,imo
Fantastic player ..and the list of expert pundits queuing up to sing his praises so far this season is unreal.

Already one of the greatest players England has ever produced.
Proud he plays for my team.

Only player who looked interested last night - basically carried the team.

Any decent England manager would be building the team around Phil and the other treble-winning City players. But while TwatGate’s obsession with Rashford, Henderson, Maguire and “Trent” continues, England won’t be winning anything.
Said it for years. Foden has been sidelinded...
Didn't watch last night's game..I hear he was top notch ?

Loved to see him seize the opportunity in the middle. Far and away England's best player.

He has no business even being an inverted winger. He needs to be completely central/have a free role. I rate Alvarez and love his work rate but is his ceiling really higher than Foden's? IMO, no, and it's not particularly close either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.