47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Fill your boots Philbot. KDB will be out for 4 to 6 i would think. Same injury as Milan in the same place.

Would be in my starting line up every week 100%, so much better and quicker with him in the side, be it on the left, right or as false 9, even as gundos replacement, but pep knows better than me for certain

I’m sorry, but I just don’t get this La Pausa bollocks. KDB hasn’t got any La Pausa but he’s the best midfielder in the world.

The midfield in the CS all had La Pausa and we didn’t look like scoring.

Based on tonights showing (as well as previous seasons) I’d say he’s our best wide threat. On tonight’s showing alone (with KDB out) he’s our best attacking midfielder option.
You may not get it but pep certainly does hence why Foden to date has not had a sniff to play in the middle consistently.

I think in the midst of the Foden discourses recently, people are too quick to be overly positive about Foden and are too quick to defend him.

I know people won't like to hear this but imo, he hasn't made much improvement with his play for the last 3-4 years. He still plays like an academy player on the pitch. Too giddy and shakey on the ball. For me everytime he gets on the ball I feel he might lose the ball. No improvement on the "pausa" aspect that pep wants of him. He's too much of a "live-wire".

Also i don't know if anyone notices but he makes too much off the ball runs when it's not needed, 8/10 times any action he makes he always accompanies it with a forward run. I don't know if pep has asked him to do this or not but no one else in the team does this as much as him. It's not good because it sends the wrong signal to his teamates and causes them to make a long pass to him which he doesn't get most times.

Also, he drops and asks for the ball way too much, teamate gets ball, okay come up in his face and ask for the ball. Instead of making subtle movements to manipulate the opponent shape he just drops and incessantly asks for the ball.

People say he can replace KDB. Ok firstly, he can’t play in the gundo position because he doesn’t have the skillsets required to play there and secondly, even though Foden and KDB are both “High-tempo” players KDB makes up for this by his ridiculous chance creation. Foden is significantly less creative than KDB. Again, we saw yesterday how his final actions on the ball were subpar when he had the time and space.

I predict when pep has his best team later on in the season foden will not be a part of that 11.

You may not get it but pep certainly does hence why Foden to date has not had a sniff to play in the middle consistently.
Or maybe, as per my post, Pep has been playing the non La Pausa KDB there. My comment related to Foden not being able to play in midfield because he has no La Pausa. We’ve got the best midfielder in the world with no La Pausa. I reckon that’s more likely why Foden has had limited time in recent years in midfield.

I think in the midst of the Foden discourses recently, people are too quick to be overly positive about Foden and are too quick to defend him.

I know people won't like to hear this but imo, he hasn't made much improvement with his play for the last 3-4 years. He still plays like an academy player on the pitch. Too giddy and shakey on the ball. For me everytime he gets on the ball I feel he might lose the ball. No improvement on the "pausa" aspect that pep wants of him. He's too much of a "live-wire".

Also i don't know if anyone notices but he makes too much off the ball runs when it's not needed, 8/10 times any action he makes he always accompanies it with a forward run. I don't know if pep has asked him to do this or not but no one else in the team does this as much as him. It's not good because it sends the wrong signal to his teamates and causes them to make a long pass to him which he doesn't get most times.

Also, he drops and asks for the ball way too much, teamate gets ball, okay come up in his face and ask for the ball. Instead of making subtle movements to manipulate the opponent shape he just drops and incessantly asks for the ball.

People say he can replace KDB. Ok firstly, he can’t play in the gundo position because he doesn’t have the skillsets required to play there and secondly, even though Foden and KDB are both “High-tempo” players KDB makes up for this by his ridiculous chance creation. Foden is significantly less creative than KDB. Again, we saw yesterday how his final actions on the ball were subpar when he had the time and space.

I predict when pep has his best team later on in the season foden will not be a part of that 11.
He’s probably the only one of our midfielders who tries to run in behind because he’s the only one with a burst of pace

No sure about the comments above.
Thought that was the worst performance i've seen him give. Hardly a 4 out of 10.

He seemed to be well off it both mentally and physically.
That is not to say he didn't seem to be trying. We know what he is capable of, but his timing or rhythm just wasn't there....yet.
I do worry he hasn't moved forwards much in the last year or so.

Last seasons "in and out of the squad" didn't benefit him. So i feel he needs playing every game, and given time to adjust. I am biased though as i love the kid!. I'm sure Pep will know what to do.

I won't judge or write him off based on one game. Neither should anybody else.
He will go on to be one of our greatest players!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.